Construction in Oregon
Since 1992, our team of industry experts has been working to move the building industry towards more sustainable practices. Our work has helped advance building professionals and inform consumers through certification, research, education, and product development.
We’ve assembled a staff of experts to guide your team through sustainability building practices in the following areas:
- LEED® for Homes and LEED Multifamily Certification
- Earth Advantage Multifamily Certification
- Passive House Single Family and Multifamily Certification
- Advanced Building Science
- Building Material Reuse
- Trades Training
- Energy Labeling and Green Valuation
- Life-cycle Cost Analysis
- Over 18,000 single family homes certified
- Over 20,000 multifamily units certified
- Over 150 mixed-use and/or multifamily buildings certified
- 15 national award winners
Earth Advantage focuses on new residential construction including stacked housing and mixed-use projects serving mixed-income, transitional and market-rate populations.
Building sizes and scale include 30-story plus high-rises, campuses, city-blocks, and multi-building developments.
View the 2022 Earth Advantage Award Winners
Expert Guidance, Modeling, and Testing
We’ve created proprietary processes and materials to help our clients establish and achieve sustainability standards from design through construction and completion. For instance, our field verification and performance testing of specific design, construction, and operational conditions ensures quality control by helping to support contract accountability, which ultimately leads to better customer satisfaction.
- Early Design meeting - EA staff works with project team to select measures from std.
- Measures are integrated in construction docs
- Earth Advantage conducts preliminary Energy Modeling
- Earth Advantage conducts Site Foreman Kick-off Meeting
- Earth Advantage conducts 5 milestones of Inspections
- Earth Advantage completes as-built energy modeling and measure reviews
- Certification is issued with satisfactory compliance
We know how to work effectively with professional design teams and facilitate an integrated design approach to create high-performance buildings using the most cost-effective strategies. Our multifamily team addresses every project as an opportunity to deliver solutions that will make the project better with as little complexity and cost as possible.
First, we identify the sustainable building practices that will bring the most value to the owner and users. We help identify strategies to implement the practices that best fit their specific project and site, by incorporating selected measures into the building’s development. Then, leveraging our experience and tailored processes, we define a plan for the team that illustrates responsibility for the identified strategies and the information necessary to support the certification program that the team has chosen. Our analysis uses cost-effectiveness as one of the key elements for developing recommendations.
To read the latest 2019 report on LEED® for Homes in the US click here >>
A recent study on LEED Multifamily buildings in Washington D.C. shows a higher rental rate value for buildings certifed to LEED standards as opposed those who were not. This reinforces the value of green certification as recognized by the market. Read the whole report here >>
Contact us to discuss your next multifamily development,
we'd love to work with you.
A Partial List of Projects
Earth Advantage Multifamily Certification Projects
Mary's Woods Campus
(Gold certification pending)