Newly updated online course released in 2018
Earth Advantage Broker
The Earth Advantage Broker accreditation course provides real estate professionals with a competitive edge in communicating features and benefits for green and energy efficient home opportunities in their market.
Are you prepared to meet increasing homebuyer demand for healthy, comfortable, efficient homes?
A nationwide study in 2016* found that 81% of people who expect to buy a new home in the next two years say higher energy efficiency would cause them to choose one home over another AND that they would be willing to pay more for a healthier home. Policies and programs are also growing the green home market, such as the City of Portland Home Energy Score Program and the more than 1 in 3 new homes built in Oregon that have earned an EPS® from Energy Trust of Oregon demonstrating they perform an average of 22% better than code-built homes.
The big picture shows a dramatic rise in the popularity of green and energy efficient homes that provide a healthier living environment and greater energy, water, and resource efficiency. Stay on top of your game by becoming an Earth Advantage Broker so you can continue to exceed homebuyer expectations with savvy information and recommendations.
Learn how to upgrade or sell a green home and market yourself as a green professional.
Homebuyers and sellers rely on their real estate agents to provide influential guidance, and yet a 2017 report by the National Association of Realtors** shows that only 39% of realtors are comfortable answering clients' questions about energy efficiency. Homebuyers with ready access to the internet will expect you to know more and be a trusted advisor in their purchasing decisions. Being a 'green professional' means you are ahead of the curve and understand how houses are changing. In order to best serve your clients, you will be expected to have earned a green designation proving that you have knowledge of the green home market, can discuss green features and benefits, and recommend the best ways to upgrade.
A 'Newly Remodeled' Training
Earth Advantage Broker has been updated in 2018 and now provides the most relevant and must-know green home information designed to help real estate professionals.
New resources. New activities. New modular approach:
Earn the Earth Advantage Broker Accreditation
Take the course & pass the accreditation exam in order to become an EA Broker. Earth Advantage provides marketing support in the form of logos and a professional listing on the accredited professionals registry to help you display and promote your green credential to future clients.
Maintaining Your Accreditation
Brokers must earn 4 CEs in green real estate education every 2 yrs to maintain the EA Broker designation. Earth Advantage regularly offers high quality, relevant education courses via in-person, online and webinar formats. Learn more here >>
Questions? Contact Heather Kendall at firstname.lastname@example.org or (503) 968-7160 x20
*Statistic from Energy Pulse 2016 - Shelton Communication Group, Inc.
** Statistic from Sustainability Report 2017 - National Association of REALTORS®
- Communicate the benefits of different must-know products and features to clients with varying values and needs
- Recommend existing home upgrade options, incentives, rebates, and ROIs
- Understand the ins-and-outs of a green home
- Benefit your clients by providing timely solar PV info
- Market and explain green home certifications and energy scores
- Gain resources for financing and appraising green homes
- Walk away with expertise on smart homes, millennials, MLS green fields, and so much more!
- Become a trusted advisor for your clients
- Gain more referrals and differentiate yourself as a green professional
- Access Earth Advantage Broker logo, marketing support, manual, and resource guide
- Receive customer leads through Earth Advantage's directory of accredited professionals.
- Satisfy requirements to also become an Energy Trust of Oregon Real Estate Ally
- Gain membership to the Earth Advantage Broker network of over 2,000 brokers across 10 states
- Earn discounts on future Earth Advantage courses and events
When & Where
CEs & Cost
$145 | General Admission
OR Real Estate Agency: 8 CEs
Earth Advantage Broker Renewal: 8 CEs
CCB: 8 CEs
Earth Advantage Broker is also offered via live in-person trainings that provide 14 CEs ($195 course fee). Click here and click the 'Upcoming Sessions' dropdown to see if any courses are being offered in your area.