High Performance Building Envelopes (SHP Module 3)
Take this course and you'll gain the knowledge to suggest and select appropriate design features and assemblies according to project objectives. The principles and practices covered in the training can be applied to existing homes and new construction projects and include durable wall design, insulation strategies, air sealing, product selection, and construction. Critical to the success of any project, you'll also walk away with the ability to identify when and by whom these methods are used during the pre-insulation, post-drywall, and siding installation phases of construction.
The course also addresses the importance of performance testing and diagnostics to verify the performance of installed materials and the home’s envelope. You'll understand and be able to clearly communicate the importance of these quality assurance measures as necessary in order to verify and ensure a home's long-term durability and energy saving performance.
Register today and utilize the info from this course to transform your design and building practices to include well-informed envelope decisions.
What is SHP?
This 3-hour training represents the third module within the larger Sustainable Homes Professional (SHP) online training and accreditation program designed for the NW region:
- Module 1: Green Building Principles & Programs
- Module 2: Applied Building Science Fundamentals
- Module 3: High Performance Building Envelopes
- Module 4: Mechanical Systems & Performance Testing
- Module 5: Health, Materials & Water
- High Performance Home Site Visits
Earth Advantage's SHP training provides 15+ hours of cutting-edge design and building best practices that are critical to success in today's housing market. Learn from expert trainers as they help guide participants towards overcoming common barriers and choosing the best high performance building practices to match their specific scenario. The SHP online training offers presentation videos, behind-the-walls site visits, live webinars, guest speakers, product/technology demos, robust CE credits, and the option to earn the Sustainable Homes Professional (SHP) designation.
Those who complete this Module 3 training will be one step closer towards earning our SHP designation. We invite you to learn more and gain visibility as a well-informed green building professional by signing up for the SHP online training today.
Questions? Contact the EA Education Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (503) 968-7160 x60.
- Select appropriate design features and assemblies according to project objectives
- List methods for building high performance walls and roofs for both new and existing homes
- Utilize high performance building methods for insulation, air sealing, and weatherization
- Identify when and by whom these methods are used during the pre-insulation, post-drywall, and siding installation phases of construction
- Transform practices to include informed envelope decisions (framing, insulation, air sealing, and weatherization)
- Explain the importance of performance testing and diagnostics to verify the performance of installed equipment and the home’s envelope
When & Where
Intended for building industry audiences in Oregon, Washington, Idaho & Montana
On-demand training format consists of a series of 5-10 minute videos divided into sections. Users can start or stop their viewing at their own pace and easily resume the course at another time. Short quiz questions and activities will help you incorporate content covered in the videos.
CEs & Cost
AIA: 3 LU/HSW
OR CCB: 3 CEs
OCHI: 3 CEs
BPI: 1.5 units
ICC 0.3 CEs
OR Real Estate Agency: 3 CEs
EA Broker Renewal: 3 CEs
Accredited Green Appraiser (AGA) Renewal: 3 CEs
$80 | Affordable Housing Providers (developers, builders, and their subcontractors)
$110 | Earth Advantage Professionals (EA Builders and EA Accredited Pros), ZERO Members, Energy Trust of Oregon Trade Allies, & Oregon Minority and Women Business Enterprise (M/WSB) certified companies
$130 | General Admission
Energy Trust of Oregon Trade Allies working with EPS New Construction may be eligible for partial reimbursement for this course. Please contact email@example.com for more information.