Partner Event: Energy Efficient Home Site Visit Training
Join BetterBuiltNW for this free guided tour of two high performance homes to find out how they’re built and what it takes to achieve a third-party verified energy efficiency rating.
The tour will take place at ActiveWest Builder's 'Reserve at Hayden' development, beginning at an under-construction LEED for Homes project and then moving to a finished model home that earned U.S. DOE Zero Energy Ready certification and has solar PV. (Exact location and directions to the site will be emailed to attendees approximately 1 week before the event).
Hear directly from the home builder, energy rater, and instructor about the typical features that go into these homes and the homeowner benefits that they provide: A more comfortable, durable home with healthier indoor air quality and cost-saving energy efficiency.
Happy hour food and beverages to follow.
- See envelope designs and mechanical systems often included in energy efficient homes
- Hear tried and true strategies and benefits of high performance building
- Understand the differences between a code-built and a third-party rated home
- Learn about utility programs and incentives to support above-code building
- Translate energy efficiency into benefits that will resonate with different homebuyers
When & Where
3:30 PM - 5:00 PM
The Reserve at Hayden
E. Hayden Ave. & N. La Costa Ct. (Lot 2)
Hayden Lake, ID
CEs & Cost
BPI: .75 units
AIA: 1.5 CEs
ICC: 1.5 CEs
This training brought to you thanks in part to:
Questions? Contact Training@BetterBuiltNW.com or 503-968-7160 x20.