Simple Steps to Improve Ductwork Installations
Earth Advantage & BetterBuiltNW welcome HVAC contractors, builders, architects and other interested building professionals for this 1-hour on-demand training to learn about common ductwork installation performance issues that can be easily avoided.
Clients expect high-performance homes that meet their comfort, health, and energy-efficiency expectations, and well-designed and installed modern HVAC systems are vital to success.
A well-performing system starts with a good design but that alone is not a guarantee. Proper duct installation significantly impacts the delivery comfort and energy efficiency. We'll cover topics that include:
- Understand how to select and install various ducting materials and optimize performance, comfort, and energy efficiency.
- Hear about some of the more common problems of duct installation encountered in the field.
- Discuss how to get the best performance from flex duct.
- Learn about the terms like Equivalent Length of Duct Fittings, Zonal Pressure Relief, the "2-foot" rule, and why it's crucial to comfort.
Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com or (503) 968-7160 x18.
Looking for more training opportunities?
Check out the Sustainable Homes Professional (SHP) online training and accreditation program designed for the NW region. Join our SHP training and gain over 15+ hours of cutting edge design and building best practices that are critical to success in today's housing market.
- Explain the importance of correctly installed ductwork
- Consider different ductwork materials and their advantages and disadvantages
- Explain and apply best practices for each approach
- Access additional resources to implement the proper installation of various components of a duct system
When & Where
Online course available on-demand
CEs & Cost
OR CCB: 1 CE
NATE: 1 CE
AIA LU/HWS: 1 CE
ICC: 0.1 CEs
BPI: 0.5 CEs
OREA: 1 CE
Earth Advantage Broker Renewal: 1 CE
Accredited Green Appraiser Renewal: 1 CE
No cost (Regularly $29*)
Questions? Contact the Education Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (503) 968-7160 x18.
*This training made possible thanks in part to BetterBuiltNW