In this two-hour online course, learn to evaluate potential energy retrofits and how to promote them to your customers.
An increasing number of home buyers and sellers are looking to score their homes for energy efficiency. Identify energy-efficient solutions while addressing health and safety risks. Use this knowledge to recommend new alternatives.
- Module 1: Introduction to Building Science Fundamentals
- Module 2: Energy Retrofitting
- Module 3: Connecting the Home Energy Score and Your Business to the Bigger Picture
Questions? Contact our Program Coordinator, Lindsay Kemp, at email@example.com.
This training will:
- Discuss high efficiency gas furnaces, boilers and heat pump upgrades
- Identify air sealing and duct sealing opportunities
- Determine how to improve the thermal and pressure boundary
- Overview of different ventilation systems
- Review indicators of a high performance home
- Overview of Solar PV systems and other potential home upgrades
- Increase confidence in discussing scoring outcomes with clients
When & Where
Online Training | On-Demand
CEs & Cost
OR CCB: 1.5
James brings over 10 years of experience working in energy efficiency and has earned several industry-recognized credentials including BPI, SHP, PTCS, HERS Rater & LEED Green Rater. He lends his expertise across multiple programs at Earth Advantage, including delivering Quality Assurance on behalf of the City of Portland’s Home Energy Score program and field verification for LEED and Earth Advantage certified buildings. James is also the lead trainer in delivering green construction workforce trainings for students entering the construction industry in collaboration with EA partners at community based organizations and youth training/pre-apprenticeship programs across Oregon. James serves on the board of the Home Performance Guild and Community Energy Project and is passionate about working to ensure people have equitable access to healthy, sustainable and energy efficient housing.