Top 10 Best Practices for Today’s Homebuilder
Join BetterBuiltNW for this no-cost 3-hour training to learn the latest and greatest techniques being used today to design and build energy efficient homes.
Note: There are state-specific versions of this training available for NW audiences. To view these training directly, use these links: Oregon, Washington, Idaho & Montana.
Gain practical insights from the job site that every builder must know to keep pace with building code changes and ahead of homebuyer expectations.
This training breaks down 10 building approaches into a spectrum of "Good, Better & Best" practices for quality home construction. The info presented is customized for each state in the Northwest and will help you increase the energy efficiency, comfort and durability of the homes you’re building.
- Poor Performing Home Scenarios
- Housing market trends & code trajectory
- Third party verification benefits
- Building science basics
- Top 10 elements of a high performance home:
- Super air sealing
- High-R walls
- High-R ceilings
- Ducts & distribution
- Fresh air ventilation
- Appliances & lighting
- Mechanical systems
- Solar PV
- Local raters & utility/certification programs
You can preview the list of Top 10 Good, Better, Best approaches and watch sample training videos on Fresh Air Ventilation and Superior Air Sealing below:
- Common barriers to energy-efficient home construction
- Building science fundamentals & moisture management
- Ways to improve envelope design & performance
- Advanced mechanical systems, lighting, & appliances
- Home certification programs & energy-efficiency utility incentives
When & Where
3-hour training comprised of:
- Module 1 - Housing Market Trends & Building Science
- Module 2 - High Performance Walls & Design
- Module 3 - Mechanical Systems & Energy Efficiency Programs
On-demand training format consists of a series of 3-5 minute videos divided into sections. Users can start or stop their viewing at their own pace and easily resume the course at another time. Short quiz questions and activities will help you incorporate content covered in the videos.
CEs & Cost
OR CCB: 3 CEs
BPI: 1.5 units
ICC: 0.3 CEs
AIA: 3 LU/HSW
This training brought to you thanks in part to:
Questions? Contact Training@BetterBuiltNW.com or 503-968-7160 x60