Position: Climate Justice Program Coordinator
Reports to: Sr. Climate Justice Program Manager
Location: Hybrid - Oregon: Portland-metro; central or southern Willamette Valley
Classification: Full-time, non-exempt
Job Close Date: Applications received by November 4,
2023 will be prioritized. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
**This posting is currently paused while we interview our current candidate pool**
About Earth Advantage
Earth Advantage is helping to create an informed and humane housing market that:
- Acknowledges both the climate impacts of housing and the impact climate has on housing.
- Provides ALL homebuyers and renters with access to sustainability-specific information about a home.
- Supports equitable housing outcomes, protecting those most vulnerable from the effects of climate change.
- Recognizes both the personal and societal financial value that climate-friendly housing creates.
Earth Advantage is an equal-opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. We are committed to providing an inclusive, non-discriminatory, and welcoming environment for all staff members, partners, subcontractors, and vendors. We are actively engaged in an ongoing process to identify and address inequities in our programming, organizational culture, community, and industry. We enthusiastically encourage individuals from Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, and LGBTQ+ backgrounds to apply.
We're proud of the culture we're building at Earth Advantage, and we believe in walking the talk when it comes to sustainability. We're currently ranked in the top 10 of both Oregon Business Magazine's 100 Greenest Companies and 100 Best Nonprofits to Work For in Oregon. If you’re interested in joining an organization with incredible benefits and staffed with intelligent and dedicated people, this is the place for you. Learn more about our Vision and Core Values here
Who we’re looking for
You are exceptionally detail-oriented and well organized, possess the ability to communicate effectively with a wide array of project partners, and thrive in a collaborative environment. You are deeply motivated to address climate change and aid those most vulnerable to its impacts.
- Support the delivery of a multi-year, multimillion-dollar equipment installation program to serve environmental justice communities (communities of color, tribal communities, and communities experiencing lower incomes) in Oregon.
- Coordinate project delivery through a network of key organizational installation partners.
- Coordinate partner incentive payments and/or reimbursements in conjunction with Earth Advantage’s finance team.
- Track and verify equipment installation activity via CRM platform.
- Coordinate regular reporting on program activity.
- Serve as liaison to key partner organizations and provide them with logistical and administrative support.
- Develop and deliver trainings to various program partners.
- Participate in planning and implementation meetings with governmental and organizational partners, subgrantees, and other key external stakeholders.
- Provide as-needed support to the Earth Advantage finance team.
- 3+ years of experience in project or program administration.
- 2+ years of experience tracking and reporting on project or program finances.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with individuals and groups with diverse lived experiences, priorities, and levels of expertise.
- Ability to develop written materials, deliver presentations, and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Interest in bookkeeping and general data administration.
- A track record of producing results in a highly collaborative team environment.
- High degree of competency using Excel, Google Sheets, or similar software.
- Interest in supporting environmental justice communities, including communities of color, Tribal communities, rural communities, and communities experiencing low incomes. Commitment to aiding vulnerable communities and to Earth Advantage’s mission.
We require staff and interns to be fully vaccinated to work in the office. The organization will consider accommodations for disability or religious-based reasons.
- 2+ years of experience with energy efficiency projects.
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and general data administration.
- Understanding of energy efficient equipment and building science principles.
- Experience with troubleshooting, customer service, or related activities.
- Experience with CRM database architecture and its capability to track customer activity.
- Experience participating in public sector-funded projects.
$25.56/hr - $31.25/hr ($53,164 -$65,000 equivalent annual compensation) Note: This range represents the compensation opportunity within this specific Earth Advantage job class. Compensation for new hires generally falls in the low-to-mid point of the pay range.
Earth Advantage offers an excellent benefit package including:
- 5 weeks Paid Time off
- 80% employer paid medical and dental premiums for staff and dependents
- Deductible reimbursement program through our HRA
- Flexible Spending Account for medical, transit, parking, and dependent care
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401k plan with match
- Life insurance, short term and long-term disability insurance
- Fully paid family leave
- 6 week sabbatical opportunity after 5 years
Applications received by November 4, 2023
will be prioritized. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please submit the following materials to apply for this position (PDF or Word format).
- Cover letter detailing qualifications (optional)
- Three professional references (can provide on request, if preferred)
Apply directly on our website
Email applications materials to: email@example.com
Subject line should read: "Climate Justice Program Coordinator” -
Last name, First name"