Earth Advantage Broker
The Earth Advantage Broker (formerly S.T.A.R.) accreditation course provides real estate professionals with a competitive edge in communicating the benefits of green and high performance home features in their market. Earth Advantage Brokers have gained the knowledge to identify green features and recommend savvy upgrades in order to provide their clients with access to homes that provide a healthier living environment and greater energy, water, and resource efficiency.
Take the course & pass the accreditation exam to earn the Earth Advantage Broker designation!
Earth Advantage provides marketing support in the form of logos and an professional listing on the accredited professionals registry to help you display and promote your green credential to consumers.
Energy Trust of Oregon - Real Estate Ally Network
Earth Advantage Broker is a qualified prerequisite for brokers interested in also becoming a Real Estate Ally (REA) with Energy Trust of Oregon.
- For those taking the EA Broker online course: There is a separate REA Orientation that can be taken as a 1-hour free webinar. Check the Energy Trust Calendar for upcoming webinars.
- For those taking the EA Broker live classroom course: The REA Orientation is provided as part of the live EA Broker course.
Questions? Contact Heather Kendall at firstname.lastname@example.org or (503) 968-7160 x20
- Become a trusted advisor for your clients by learning to communicate the benefits of different products and features to clients with varying values and needs
- Gain valuable resources and tips for upgrading that fixer-upper into a more efficient, comfortable, durable, healthy home
- Provide your clients with information on incentives, rebates, financing and certifications
- Learn how to market yourself as a green professional and gain more referrals
- Differentiate yourself in the marketplace and expand your business opportunities with the Earth Advantage Broker accreditation and use of logo
- Satisfy prerequisite to becoming an Energy Trust of Oregon Real Estate Ally!
- Access the Earth Advantage Broker Manual and Resource Guide
- Receive customer leads through Earth Advantage's directory of accredited professionals.
- Gain membership to the Earth Advantage Broker network of over 1,900 brokers across 10 states
- Discounts on future Earth Advantage courses and events
- Access to premier quality, relevant education courses that are developed by Earth Advantage (an independent, 3rd party certifier of green homes)
- Tracey Lockwood, Green Lynx Realty (Roanoke, VA)
- Holly Burton, co-owner Urban Nest Realty (Portland, OR)
"Truly the best and most beneficial class I have ever attended for Real Estate. I want to thank Earth Advantage and Carina for providing this great class that will be an invaluable resource in my business, and even more so in my personal life! The class instructor, Taylor, is a superb communicator and passionate about the principles of sustainability. Thank you for your investment into my business and life!"
- Chris Bernard - Better Homes & Garden NW Living (Portland, OR)
"I have been in the business over 20 years and have taken many classes. This would rate on the top for long- lasting effect in my business and personal life. Since the class, my mind set has changed. I've told clients and agents this is the future. We all need to do our share. Thanks for the opportunity."
– Sherry Adcock | First Realty (Auburn, AL)
– Jenifer Jepson | The Hasson Company (Portland, OR)
– Eugenic Lee | Your Realty Company (Montgomery, AL)
CEs & Cost
$119 | General Admission
*Regularly $195 - Thanks in part to support from Energy Trust of Oregon.
OR Real Estate Agency: 7 CEs
Earth Advantage Broker Renewal: 7 CEs
CCB: 7 CEs
$225 | General Admission
Group Discounts are available for 3 or more. Custom live courses can be delivered at realtor firm offices at a substantial discount. Email email@example.com to learn more. Additional discounts may be available - check 'Upcoming Sessions' above.
OR Real Estate Agency: 14 CEs
Earth Advantage Broker Renewal: 14 CEs
CCB: 14 CEs
Maintaining Your Accreditation
Brokers must earn 4 CEs in green real estate education every 2 yrs to maintain the EA Broker designation:
- Renewal deadline is 2 years from the last day of the class.
- Renewals then re-occur in 2 year cycles.
There are several opportunities to satisfy the CE requirements:
Earth Advantage Courses
- If you took EA Broker before 2018, we highly recommend that you take the updated course again as a referesher. EA Broker is offered in both live and online formats.
- You can visit our Education Calendar to browse courses currently being offered, or sign up for updates on other courses.
- CEs for an Earth Advantage course will be automatically applied to your renewal after completion.