City of Portland Home Energy Score - What Brokers Need to Know
The City of Portland Home Energy Score program went into effect on January 1, 2018. Final rulemaking was completed by the City of Portland on September 13, 2017. The ordinance (Portland City Code Chapter 17.108) requires sellers of single-family homes to:
- Obtain a home energy report, including a home energy score, from a licensed home energy assessor;
- Disclose the score and report prior to listing a home publicly for sale in Portland on or after January 1, 2018.
Formatted for Busy ProfessionalsEarth Advantage wants to help you build skills that will benefit your clients, but we know you're too busy for lengthy online trainings. That's why we've released this course as separate 3-5 minute video presentations divided into 9 sections. That way you can start or stop your viewing at your own pace and easily resume the course at another time!
Questions? Contact Heather Kendall at firstname.lastname@example.org or (503) 968-7160 x20.
- Understand the relevance of energy efficiency to home buyers
- Find out how the City of Portland Home Energy Score program will work
- Learn how to use the new RMLS™ feature that will auto-populate Home Energy Score info directly into listings
- Know how & where to direct clients for next steps
- Understand what makes an above- or below-average score
- Learn how to explain the score to buyers/sellers
- Gain resources and info to support and best serve your clients
CEs & Cost
OR Real Estate Agency: 1 CE
Earth Advantage Broker Renewal: 1 CE
Accredited Green Appraiser Renewal: 1 CE
$10 | General Admission