All About ADUs
Increasing rates of prospective home buyers are interested in building an ADU on their property, and brokers on the cutting edge of this emerging development trend will be able to help homeowners and developers understand site eligibility, development process and costs, and the return on investment of ADUs.
Live Training Locations
The in-person All About ADUs course is offered on a regular basis in Portland & Bend, OR, and Vancouver, WA. This course is intended to help brokers understand the specific planning and building regulations for ADU development in select locations and earn the ADU Specialist designation.
Online Training Option
If you are not interested in attending the live trainings in Portland, Bend or Vancouver, then you can take our 3-hour online training: Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) Primer Course. Keep in mind that this training does not offer city-specifc content or provide brokers with an opportunity to earn the ADU Specialist designation. To learn more about regulations in Portland, Bend or Vancouver, WA, please register for an in-person All About ADUs training and consider earning our ADU Specialist designation.
Become an ADU Specialist!
• Already an EA Broker? Attend the All About ADUs course & take the ADU Exam.
• Not yet an EA Broker? Attend the All About ADUs course, complete EA Broker (either online for 7 CEs or live for 14 CEs) & take the ADU Exam for free!
Questions? Contact Heather Kendall at email@example.com or (503) 968-7160 x20.
- Understand what makes a property ADU-ready/eligible
- Learn what is involved in the process of getting approved to build an ADU
- Analyze taxation, valuation and financing options for ADUs
- Understand the ADU design, permitting, and building process (attached, detached, and garage conversion)
- Gain access to resources to help your clients plan for their ADU (including a budget sample, contract types, development rebate programs, and more)
- Get answers to your ADU-specific questions & network with other brokers about this specialized topic
This course has primarily been designed for Real Estate Professionals, but will also provide valuable information for Architects, Builders/Contractors, & Home Inspectors.
CEs & Cost
OR Real Estate Agency: 4 CEs
Earth Advantage Broker Renewal: 4 CEs
CCB: 4 Series B CEs
AIA: 4 LU/HSW CEs
$85 | Earth Advantage Brokers, EA Builder sales staff, & Energy Trust Real Estate Allies
$95 | General Admission
Accreditation Exam Fee (optional)
$29 | General Admission (EA Broker designation as prerequisite)
$119 | EA Broker course + ADU Exam
Not yet an EA Broker? Take the online EA Broker course & get the ADU exam FREE! (regularly $138)