All About ADUs
Increasing rates of prospective home buyers are interested in building an ADU on their property, and brokers on the cutting edge of this emerging development trend will be able to help homeowners/developers understand site eligibility, development process and costs, and the return on investment of ADUs. This course is intended to help brokers understand the specific planning and building regulations for ADU development in select locations in order to better assist their clients.
Live Training Locations
All About ADUs is currently being offered in Portland, OR, Bend, OR, & Vancouver, WA.
Become an ADU Specialist!Display your tiny home expertise and credentials with our ADU Specialist designation. You must be an Earth Advantage Broker, take this All About ADUs course, and pass the ADU Exam to earn the ADU Specialist credential. Here's how it works:
• Already an EA Broker? Attend the All About ADUs course & take the ADU Exam.
• Not yet an EA Broker? Attend the All About ADUs course, complete EA Broker (either online for 7 CEs or live for 14 CEs) & take the ADU Exam for free!
Questions? Contact Heather Kendall at email@example.com or (503) 968-7160 x20.
- Understand what makes a property ADU-ready/eligible
- Learn what is involved in the process of getting approved to build an ADU
- Analyze taxation, valuation and financing options for ADUs
- Understand the ADU design, permitting, and building process (attached, detached, and garage conversion)
- Gain access to resources to help your clients plan for their ADU (including a budget sample, contract types, development rebate programs, and more)
- Get answers to your ADU-specific questions & network with other brokers about this specialized topic
This course has primarily been designed for Real Estate Professionals, but will also provide valuable information for Architects, Builders/Contractors, & Home Inspectors.
CEs & Cost
OR Real Estate Agency: 4 CEs
Earth Advantage Broker Renewal: 4 CEs
CCB: 4 Series B CEs
AIA: 4 LU/HSW CEs
$85 | Earth Advantage Brokers, EA Builder sales staff, & Energy Trust Real Estate Allies
$95 | General Admission
Accreditation Exam Fee (optional)
$29 | General Admission (EA Broker designation as prerequisite)
$119 | EA Broker course + ADU Exam
Not yet an EA Broker? Take the online EA Broker course & get the ADU exam FREE! (regularly $138)