All About ADUs
Now available for the Los Angeles market!
Join us for this 4-hour webinar intended for real estate and building industry professionals looking to increase their knowledge about ADU development in the Los Angeles area, CA.
Better serve homeowner/developer clients by understanding:
- Basic planning and building regulations for ADU development
- Site eligibility
- Development process and costs
- Return on investment of ADUs
- Real local examples of completed ADU projects
Promote your new ADU expertise and become an 'ADU Specialist'!
Display your ADU expertise to the market. Join the network of over 450 accredited professionals across 14 states who have leveraged the designation to add valuable credibility to their business and tapped into this growing market with the backing of an organization that has trained and accredited thousands of professionals across the country on sustainable building practices.
'All About ADUs' participants who would like to pursue the 'ADU Specialist' designation can learn more about the exam here and opt in when registering below for this class.
After passing the exam, Earth Advantage provides a registry listing, logo package, and marketing support for ADU Specialists to then promote their newly acquired designation via business cards, email signatures and website in order to differentiate themselves from other professionals.
- Understand what makes a property ADU-ready/eligible in the Los Angeles area, CA
- Learn what is involved in the process of getting approved to build an ADU
- Analyze taxation, valuation and financing options for ADUs
- Understand the ADU design, permitting, and building process (attached, detached, and garage conversion)
- Access resources to help your clients plan for their ADU (including a budget sample, contract types, development rebate programs, and more)
- Get answers to your ADU-specific questions
When & Where
Wednesday, April 19, 2023
10:00AM - 3:00 PM | Lunch Break: 12:00 PM-1:00 PM
Intended for audiences in the Los Angeles area, CA
CEs & Cost
AIA LU/HSW: 4 CEs
Earth Advantage Broker Renewal: 4 CEs
Accredited Green Appraiser Renewal: 4 CEs
$109 per person | Regular Admission
$99 per person | Earth Advantage Accredited Professionals (Earth Advantage Brokers, Accredited Green Appraisers, Sustainable Homes Professionals, Zero Energy Professionals)
$79 per person | ADU Specialists
$79 per person | Groups of 2 or more
Registration now includes a free e-book written by our ADU course developer, Kol Peterson: Backdoor Revolution - The Definitive Guide to ADU Development
'ADU Specialist' Designation Exam (optional)
$90 | Regular Admission (click here to learn more)
Questions? Please contact us at ADUTraining@earthadvantage.org or (503) 968-7160 x65.
Florentine is a licensed ADU Instructor helping Los Angeles area Realtors and professionals become Certified ADU Specialists. She serves as a member of the Casita Coalition (www.casitacoalition.org/) and is active on several working groups: Registry of ADU Pros, Local Government, and Codes & Construction. Florentine has been invited to speak at many local and national ADU events and panels, including a recent session hosted by the Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA). Florentine holds an MA in Organizational Systems with certificate in Building a Sustainable World from Saybrook University.