All About ADUs
This half-day course is intended for real estate, building and design professionals who are looking to increase their knowledge about Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) development in the City of Vancouver in order to respond to increasing client demand for properties with ADU potential.
Increasing rates of prospective home buyers are interested in building an ADU on their property, and professionals on the cutting edge of this emerging development trend will be able to help homeowners/developers understand site eligibility, development process and costs, and the return on investment of ADUs. This course is intended to help you understand the basic planning and building regulations for ADU development in Vancouver in order to better assist your clients.
Become an ADU Specialist!
â€‹Display your tiny home expertise and credentials with our ADU Specialist designation. You must be an Earth Advantage Broker, take this All About ADUs course, and pass the ADU Exam to earn the ADU Specialist credential. Here's how it works:
- Already an EA Broker? Attend the All About ADUs course & take the ADU Exam.
- Not yet an EA Broker? Attend the All About ADUs course, become an Earth Advantage Broker, & take the ADU Exam for free!
- Coming soon: New and improved Earth Advantage Broker online. Currently under development and will be available to complete later in 2018.
- Understand what makes a property ADU-ready/eligible
- Learn what is involved in the process of getting approved to build an ADU
- Analyze taxation, valuation and financing options for ADUs
- Understand the ADU design, permitting, and building process (attached, detached, and garage conversion)
- Gain access to resources to help your clients plan for their ADU (including a budget sample, contract types, development rebate programs, and more)
- Get answers to your ADU-specific questions & network with other professionals about this specialized topic
When & Where
Friday May 11, 2018
8:30 AM - 12:30 PM
New Tradition Homes Classroom
11815 NE 113th St Ste 110, Vancouver, WA 98662 (map)
CEs & Cost
WA Real Estate Licensing: 4 CEs
OR Real Estate Agency: 4 CEs
Earth Advantage Broker Renewal: 4 CEs
CCB: 4 CEs
AIA: 4 LU/HSW CEs
$85 | CCAR members, Energy Trust Real Estate Trade Allies, Earth Advantage Brokers & EA Builders
$95 | General Admission
Accreditation Exam Fee (optional)
$29 | General Admission (EA Broker designation as prerequisite)
$119 | EA Broker course + ADU Exam
Not yet an EA Broker? Take the online EA Broker course & get the ADU exam FREE! (regularly $138)
Kol is the owner of Accessory Dwelling Strategies LLC, a company dedicated to ADU related education, advocacy and consulting. Kol edits and manages and AccessoryDwellings.org and BuildinganADU.com, websites that address ADU policy issues, best practices, and feature an array of ADU projects. He also teaches ADU classes through Earth Advantage wherein brokers can earn an ADU Specialist Designation. Kol also runs Portland's city-wide ADU tour, and does ADU related teaching, speaking and consulting for a variety of audiences.