Zero Energy Home Site Visit
Hear directly from Mike Frey of Noyes Development Co. and Stephen Aiguier of Green Hammer as they explore the under-construction details and features that go into these homes and learn how Noyes Development communicates the benefits to homebuyers.
This pre-recorded tour takes place at Noyes' Highland at North Bethany subdivision where all homes provide outstanding 'Zero Energy Ready' performance thanks to construction approaches and systems that significantly reduce power demands and allow rooftop solar PV to supply all the energy that will be needed for the homes. The average Zero Energy Ready home is 30% more efficient than a code-built home and when equipped with solar can generate as much energy on site as it will use over the course of a year, making it essentially require zero energy.
Normally an in-person on-site tour, we've adapted this delivery to live webinar format which will include:
- 9AM - 10AM | Pre-recorded video of a behind-the-walls tour with instructor, Stephen Aiguier of Green Hammer, and builder, Mike Frey of Noyes Development.
- 10AM - 10:30AM | Live Q&A with the builder, Mike Frey.
- Advanced building envelope and air tightness (1.3 ACH, super insulation, raised heal truss, advanced framing)
- High efficiency mechanical systems (11 HSPF ducted heat pump, heat recovery ventilation, .96 tankless water heater)
- Horizontal duct system located within the conditioned space
- Super windows (.24 u-value, fourth surface low-e coating)
- Healthy home features (balanced ventilation, MERV 13 filters, garage exhaust fan, low VOC, green label carpets)
- Durability aspects (rain-screen wall system, enhanced flashing details, cement siding, insulated doors)
- Water conservation measures (efficient toilets/faucets, ENERGY STAR appliances, smart irrigation)
- Solar ready installed
Mike Frey, Vice President of Noyes Development Co.
Mike drives the vision for home construction and oversees the general operations for Noyes Development, a high-end Portland area spec builder known for high performance construction methods and Zero Energy/Zero Energy Ready homes. Mike loves houses. Be it house plans, interior design, building science, or project planning, he is passionate about providing amazing homes for people. He is an advocate for better building practices and ensures Noyes homes are healthy, comfortable, durable, efficient, and sustainable. Mike is the Vice Chair of the Home Performance Council at the HBA of Metropolitan Portland, a member of the EEBA Builder Benchmark Group, and participates in the Willamette West Habitat for Humanity Construction Committee.
- See behind-the-walls high performance building features included in 'Zero Energy Ready' homes
- Understand the difference between a code-built home and a 'Zero Energy Ready' certified home
- Translate energy efficiency into health/comfort/savings/durability benefits that will resonate with different homebuyers
- Gain knowledge that helps you communicate the value of zero energy to clients
When & Where
9:00 AM - 10:30 AM (PST)
CEs & Cost
OR CCB: 1.5 CEs
AIA LU/HWS: 1.5 CEs
ICC: 0.15 CEs
OR REA: 1.5 CEs
Earth Advantage Broker Renewal: 1.5 CEs
Accredited Green Appraiser Renewal: 1.5 CEs
FREE - RSVP required
*This training made possible in part by Energy Trust of Oregon
Questions? Contact the Education Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (503) 968-7160 x60.