Advanced Home Energy Assessor Training Series | Energy Retrofitting
In this two-hour webinar, learn to evaluate potential energy retrofits and how to promote them to your customers.
An increasing number of home buyers and sellers are looking to score their homes for energy efficiency. Identify energy efficient solutions while addressing health and safety risks. Use this knowledge to recommend new alternatives.
- Module 1: Building Science Fundamentals (Nov. 5)
- Module 2: Energy Retrofitting (Nov 12)
- Module 3: Connecting the Home Energy Score and Your Business to the Bigger Picture (Nov 19)
If you can't make the November dates, you can register for our January webinar series on January 7th, 14th and 21st. Participants can sign up for one or more modules via the registration form below.
Questions? Contact our Program Coordinator, Lindsay Kemp, at email@example.com.
This training will:
- Discuss high efficiency gas furnaces, boilers and heat pump upgrades
- Identify air sealing and duct sealing opportunities
- Determine how to improve the thermal and pressure boundary
- Overview of different ventilation systems
- Review indicators of a high performance home
- Overview of Solar PV systems and other potential home upgrades
- Increase confidence in discussing scoring outcomes with clients
When & Where
CEs & Cost
BPI: 2 units
OR CCB: 2 CEs
James brings over 10 years of experience working in energy efficiency and has earned several industry-recognized credentials including BPI, SHP, PTCS, HERS Rater & LEED Green Rater. He lends his expertise across multiple programs at Earth Advantage, including delivering Quality Assurance on behalf of the City of Portland’s Home Energy Score program and field verification for LEED and Earth Advantage certified buildings. James is also the lead trainer in delivering green construction workforce trainings for students entering the construction industry in collaboration with EA partners at community based organizations and youth training/pre-apprenticeship programs across Oregon. James serves on the board of the Home Performance Guild and Community Energy Project and is passionate about working to ensure people have equitable access to healthy, sustainable and energy efficient housing.