City of Portland Home Energy Score Program
Learn the final rules for the new City of Portland Home Energy Score program.
How is a home energy score calculated and what does it mean?
How will program requirements impact home sellers?
How could a home energy score help your buyers and sellers?
How can I find a qualified home energy assessor?
Earth Advantage has developed a city-approved training based on the final rulemaking to help real estate professionals answer common questions and to provide a comprehensive overview of the current program requirements. Join us for this update webinar to gain insights into the final rulemaking results and get your questions answered.
The City of Portland Home Energy Score Program will go into effect on January 1, 2018. Final rulemaking was completed by the City of Portland on September 13, 2017. The ordinance (Portland City Code Chapter 17.108) requires sellers of single-family homes to:
- Obtain a home energy report, including a home energy score, from a licensed home energy assessor;
- Disclose the score and report prior to listing a home publicly for sale in Portland on or after January 1, 2018.
- Understand the relevance of energy efficiency to home buyers
- Find out how the Home Energy Score Program will work
- Understand what makes an above- or below-average score
- Learn how to describe the score to buyers/sellers
- Gain resources and info to support and best serve your clients
Earth Advantage will offer an updated on-demand online course in late October to ensure the real estate market has consistent access to the most up-to-date information.
Earth Advantage's Portland Home Energy Score program trainings are not required or funded by the City of Portland.
Interested in hosting a group viewing of our webinars? See Registration Options below.
Interested in hosting a training at your firm or title company? View the list of approved trainers.
CEs & Cost
Groups of 10 or more: FREE
*Thanks in part to support from Energy Trust of Oregon