High Performance Building Envelopes (SHP Module 3)
Attend this class to learn the pros vs cons of various high-performance wall and roof assemblies, including double-stud walls, staggered stud framing, truss designs, I-joist, foundations, window types, and more. Participants learn principles that can be applied to existing homes and new construction projects, including durable wall design, insulation strategies and air sealing, product selection, and construction. The course addresses the importance of performance testing and diagnostics to verify the performance of installed equipment and the home’s envelope.
Day 1: Guest speaker presentation
Day 2: Two site visits to certified green homes
Want to learn more? This course comprises Module 3 of our 6-month Sustainable Homes Professional (SHP) accreditation course. Attend all 6 modules and become a Sustainable Homes Professional!
Questions? Contact Heather Kendall at email@example.com or (503) 968-7160 x20.
- Select appropriate design features and assemblies according to project objectives
- List methods for building high performance walls and roofs for both new and existing homes
- Utilize high performance building methods for insulation, air sealing, and weatherization
- Identify when and by whom these methods are used during the pre-insulation, post-drywall, and siding installation phases of construction
- Explain the importance of performance testing and diagnostics to verify the performance of installed equipment and the home’s envelope
When & Where
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Earth Advantage Classroom
623 SW Oak Street, Third Floor, Portland, OR 97205 (map)
CEs & Cost
AIA: 14 LU/HSW
BPI: 7 units
CCB: 14 CEs
CPHC: 14 CEs
OCHI: 14 CEs
OR Real Estate Agency: 14 CEs
EA Broker Renewal: 14 CEs
AGA Renewal: 14 CEs
$275 | General Admission
*Energy Trust Trade Ally Reimbursements may apply.