Funding assistance provided by Energy Trust of Oregon
CANCELLED - Earth Advantage Broker
**As an alternative to this live class, please check out our new and improved Earth Advantatge Broker online.**
The Earth Advantage Broker accreditation course provides real estate professionals with a competitive edge in communicating features and benefits for green and energy efficient home opportunities in their market.
Are you prepared to meet increasing homebuyer demand for healthy, comfortable, efficient homes?
A nationwide study* in 2016 found that 81% of people who expect to buy a new home in the next two years say higher energy efficiency would cause them to choose one over another AND that they would be willing to pay more for a healthier home. Plus, homes listed for sale in the City of Portland are now required to obtain a Home Energy Score and roughly 45% of all new homes built in Portland (57% in Beaverton) have earned Earth Advantage certification and/or EPS® from Energy Trust of Oregon.
The big picture shows a dramatic rise in the popularity of green and energy efficient homes that provide a healthier living environment and greater energy, water, and resource efficiency. Stay on top of your game by becoming an Earth Advantage Broker so you can continue to exceed homebuyer expectations with savvy recommendations.
A 'Newly Remodeled' Training
Earth Advantage Broker has been updated in 2018 and now provides the most relevant and must-know green building information to help real estate professionals best serve their clients.
New resources. New activities. New modular approach:
- The Anatomy of a Green Home
- Making Savvy Energy & Solar Upgrades
- Green Home Site Visits
- Millennials & Smart Homes Are Changing Real Estate
- How Homebuyers Ask for Green (Without Saying the Word)
- Top 10 Green Realtor Resources
Earn the Earth Advantage Broker Designation
Take the course & pass the accreditation exam in order to become an EA Broker. Earth Advantage provides marketing support in the form of logos and an professional listing on the accredited professionals registry to help you display and promote your green credential to future clients.
Maintaining Your Accreditation
Brokers must earn 4 CEs in green real estate education every 2 yrs to maintain the EA Broker designation. Earth Advantage regularly offers high quality, relevant education courses via in-person, online and webinar formats. Learn more here >>
Questions? Contact Heather Kendall at firstname.lastname@example.org or (503) 968-7160 x20
*Statistic from Energy Pulse 2016 - Shelton Communication Group, Inc.
- Communicate the benefits of different must-know products and features to clients with varying values and needs
- Recommend existing home upgrade options, incentives, rebates, and ROIs
- Understand the ins-and-outs of a green home
- Benefit your clients by providing timely solar PV info
- Market and explain green home certifications and energy scores
- Gain resources for financing and appraising green homes
- Walk away with expertise on smart homes, RMLS green fields, and so much more!
- Become a trusted advisor for your clients
- Gain more referrals and differentiate yourself as a green professional
- Access Earth Advantage Broker logo, marketing support, manual, and resource guide
- Receive customer leads through Earth Advantage's directory of accredited professionals.
- Satisfy requirements to also become an Energy Trust of Oregon Real Estate Ally
- Gain membership to the Earth Advantage Broker network of over 2,000 brokers across 10 states
- Earn discounts on future Earth Advantage courses and events
When & Where
1.5 Days Classroom + 2 Green Home Site Visits
- October 18 - Classroom (9:00 AM - 5:00 PM) | 7 CEs
- October 19 - Site Visits (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM) | 3 CEs (location TBD)
- October 19 - Classroom (1:00 PM - 5:00 PM) | 4 CEs
Rogue Valley Association of REALTORS®
629 Franquette St, Medford, OR 97501 (map)
CEs & Cost
OR Real Estate Agency: 14 CEs
$179 | RVAR Members, Earth Advantage Builder sales staff, or Energy Trust Real Estate Allies (Regularly $279*)
$199 | General Admission (Regularly $299*)
Groups of 3 or more receive $20 off per person
*Reduced course fee thanks in part to support from Energy Trust of Oregon