All About ADUs
Increasing rates of prospective home buyers are interested in building an ADU on their property, and real estate professionals can be on the cutting edge of this emerging development trend to help homeowners/developers understand site eligibility, development process and costs, and the return on investment of ADUs. This course is intended to help real estate professionals understand the basic planning and building regulations for ADU development in Portland and provide some insight on ADU regulations in the broader Portland Metro area.
Promote your new ADU expertise and become an ADU Specialist!
(This is an optional designation and it is not required in order to attend the All About ADUs course).
Steps to becoming an ADU Specialist:
- You must be an Earth Advantage Accredited Professional
- Take the All About ADUs course
- Pass the online ADU Exam to earn the ADU Specialist credential.
- Already an Earth Advantage Accredited Professional (EA Broker, AGA or SHP)?
- Attend the All About ADUs course
- Take the online ADU Exam.
- Not already an Earth Advantage Accredited Professional? (in no particular order)
- Take the ADU Exam for free!
- Understand what makes a property ADU-ready/eligible
- Learn what is involved in the process of getting approved to build an ADU
- Analyze taxation, valuation and financing options for ADUs
- Understand the ADU design, permitting, and building process (attached, detached, and garage conversion)
- Gain access to resources to help your clients plan for their ADU (including a budget sample, contract types, development rebate programs, and more)
- Gain insight on ADU regulations in the broader Portland Metro area
- Get answers to your ADU-specific questions & network with other brokers about this specialized topic
When & Where
Friday, May 17, 2019
8:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Earth Advantage Classroom
623 SW Oak Street, Third Floor, Portland, OR 97205 (map)
CEs & Cost
OR Real Estate Agency: 4 CEs
WA Real Estate Licensing: 4 CEs
CCB: 4 CEs
AIA: 4 LU/HSW
ACLB: 4 CEs
Earth Advantage Broker Renewal: 4 CEs
Accredited Green Appraiser Renewal: 4 CEs
$85 | Earth Advanatge Accredited Professionals (EA Broker, AGA, SHP), EA Builder sales staff
$95 | General Admission
Accreditation Exam Fee (optional)
$29 | General Admission (EA Broker designation as prerequisite)
Special Pricing for the EA Broker Course + ADU Exam
Not yet an EA Broker? Take the online EA Broker course ($145) & get the ADU exam FREE! (regularly $29)
Questions? Contact Heather Kendall at firstname.lastname@example.org or (503) 968-7160 x20.
Kol is the owner of Accessory Dwelling Strategies LLC, a company dedicated to ADU related education, advocacy and consulting. Kol edits and manages accessorydwellings.org, a website that addresses ADU policy issues and features an array of ADU projects. He also teaches ADU classes through Earth Advantage wherein brokers can earn an ADU Specialist Designation. Kol also runs Portland’s city-wide ADU tour, and does ADU related teaching, speaking and consulting for a variety of audiences.