All About ADUs
This half-day course is intended for brokers who are looking to increase their knowledge about Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) development and earn the ADU Specialist designation in order to respond to increasing client demand for properties with ADU potential.
Increasing rates of prospective home buyers are interested in building an ADU on their property, and brokers on the cutting edge of this emerging development trend will be able to help homeowners/developers understand site eligibility, development process and costs, and the return on investment of ADUs. This course is intended to help brokers understand the basic planning and building regulations for ADU development in Portland and provide some insight on ADU regulations in the broader Portland Metro area.
Become an ADU Specialist!Display your tiny home expertise and credentials with our ADU Specialist designation. You must be an Earth Advantage Broker, take this All About ADUs course, and pass the ADU Exam to earn the ADU Specialist credential. Here's how it works:
- Already an EA Broker? Attend the All About ADUs course & take the ADU Exam.
- Not yet an EA Broker? Attend the All About ADUs course, complete EA Broker (either online for 7 CEs or live for 14 CEs) & take the ADU Exam for free!
Questions? Contact Heather Kendall at email@example.com or (503) 968-7160 x20.
- Understand what makes a property ADU-ready/eligible
- Learn what is involved in the process of getting approved to build an ADU
- Analyze taxation, valuation and financing options for ADUs
- Understand the ADU design, permitting, and building process (attached, detached, and garage conversion)
- Gain access to resources to help your clients plan for their ADU (including a budget sample, contract types, development rebate programs, and more)
- Gain insight on ADU regulations in the broader Portland Metro area
- Get answers to your ADU-specific questions & network with other brokers about this specialized topic
When & Where
Friday, January 25, 2019
8:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Earth Advantage Classroom
623 SW Oak Street, Third Floor, Portland, OR 97205 (map)
CEs & Cost
OR Real Estate Agency: 4 CEs
Earth Advantage Broker Renewal: 4 CEs
CCB: 4 CEs
AIA: 4 LU/HSW
ACLB: 4 CEs
Accredited Green Appraiser Renewal: 4 CEs
$85 | Earth Advantage Brokers, EA Builder sales staff, Energy Trust Real Estate Allies, Accredited Green Appraisers (AGAs)
$95 | General Admission
Accreditation Exam Fee (optional)
$29 | General Admission (EA Broker designation as prerequisite)
$145 | EA Broker course + ADU Exam
Not yet an EA Broker? Take the online EA Broker course & get the ADU exam FREE! (regularly $174)
Kol is the author of "Backdoor Revolution - The Definitive Guide to ADU Development" and owner of Accessory Dwelling Strategies LLC, a company dedicated to ADU related education, advocacy and consulting. He edits and manages accessorydwellings.org, a website that addresses ADU policy issues and features an array of ADU projects. Kol also runs Portland’s city-wide ADU tour, and he and his wife also own "Caravan - The Tiny House Hotel" in Portland, Oregon.