Partner Event - Passive House NW - 10th Annual Conference
- Carly Coulson will discuss Invisible Sustainability: a design approach that exceeds 2030 targets by integrating passive design and advanced energy modeling to create rich aesthetic spaces that are seamlessly high-performing.
- Kathie Dello, the Associate Director of the Oregon Climate Change Research Institute and the Deputy Director of the Oregon Climate Service, will speak to how Climate Change is affecting our region.
- Astronaut Michael López-Alegría will speak at the Special Thursday Dinner Event. López-Alegría has spent more time spacewalking than any American. Get a perspective of our planet that very few people have ever had.
- UW Faculty and students in the Architecture, Construction Management, Landscape Architecture, and Urban Design and Planning schools will present the Passive House and Eco Districts fndings from their recent joint studio; Mid-century Modern High-performance - From Path to Place: Bellevue’s Gateway to a Sustainable Future
Over 30 presentations ranging from case studies to modeling, from designing better systems to embodied carbon. New this year is a full Policy Track showcasing the amazing changes coming to our region and more.
Two In-depth Pre-Conference Workshops
- Exploring a Path to More Cost-Ecient, Energy-Ecient Aordable Housing - Mike Steen of Walsh Construction
- Intro to Passive House - Beth Campbell & Josh Salinger, Passive House Northwest Board Members
Saturday Passive House Building Tour:
The Building Tour will begin at 8:30 am on Saturday, and we will visit 4-6 Passive House Projects in the area. Each location will be guided by the builder and/or architect and questions are encouraged. This is a great chance to get first-hand experience of completed and under construction Passive House projects and to talk to the designers and makers of these cutting edge buildings.