Reports to: Executive Director
Classification: Full time, Exempt
Job Close Date: Open until filled
About Earth Advantage
Earth Advantage is an Oregon-based nonprofit organization whose mission is to accelerate the creation of better buildings. We provide knowledge to building professionals and information to consumers through certification, research, education, and product development to move the building industry towards more sustainable practices.
Who We’re Looking For
Under the direction of the senior management team, the Sr. Business Development Manager—Green Real Estate Services develops a game plan for focused outreach to the real estate industry related to green home data and professional training. The ideal candidate is a master communicator-networker who advances the organization’s mission by developing opportunities for the expansion of energy and green home data use in the real estate industry and the increased uptake of Earth Advantage-developed trainings for real estate professionals.
- Secure and manage data sharing agreements with MLS systems nationally
- Secure and manage data sharing agreements with non-MLS entities involved in the real estate industry nationally (data aggregators)
- Secure and manage data sharing agreements with suppliers of green home data (regional certifications, RESNET, etc.)
- Consult with MLS systems to adopt green fields in alignment with RESO data dictionary standards
- Collect feedback from existing and potential customers and communicate market needs to the Green Building Registry® development team
- Participate in industry forums involving green home data (e.g. RESO, CMLS, AI and NAR events)
- Pursue business development opportunities for real estate education contracts with utility program administrators
- Facilitate real estate education partnerships with utility program implementors in eastern, midwest and southern regions
- Facilitate real estate education contracts or partnership agreements with national/regional MLS/real estate associations
- Collect feedback from customers and potential customers and communicate perceived market needs to the Education Team
- Contact, establish, and develop engagements with key industry stakeholders
- Develop strategic industry relationships that allow Earth Advantage to identify trends, technologies, and innovations.
- Participate in organizational strategic planning as it relates to our mission-driven efforts in the real estate market
- Gain exposure for Earth Advantage real estate services through the press, via conference presentations, and other communications opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field
- 7+ years of marketing, communications, and sales success in a highly interactive customer focused environment
- Ability to apply effective presentation and leadership skills in various environments and/or settings
- Financial planning and budgeting experience
- Specific real estate industry experience related to MLS roles, data management, lending, and training
- Business development and strategic business planning knowledge
- MS Office Suite and Google platforms mastery
- Ability to adapt, overcome, and win in dynamic market conditions
- Application of effective writing and oral communication skills
- Excellent work ethic, motivation, and attention to detail
- Masters of Business Administration Degree (MBA) or related
- Experience presenting at national events
- Ability to manage and sustain relationships from both a personal and professional perspective
- Ability to track, manage, and interpret data as it relates to business objectives
This is a full-time position. Compensation includes a base salary + commission potential. Benefits include health and dental insurance, flexible spending account (FSA), retirement benefit, and generous paid vacation/sick leave.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Earth Advantage is committed to providing an inclusive, non-discriminatory and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, partners, subcontractors, and vendors. We are engaged in an ongoing process to identify inequities in our programming, organizational culture, community, and industry. Applicants from historically underserved and/or under-represented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit the following materials to apply for this position (PDF Format Only). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Cover letter detailing qualifications and salary requirements
- Three professional references (can provide on request, if preferred
Email subject line should read: “Sr. Business Development Manager – Green Real Estate Services – Last name, First name”
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE