Position: Sr. Climate Justice Program Manager
Reports to: Managing Director
Location: Hybrid - Oregon: Portland-metro; central or southern Willamette Valley; Southern Oregon.
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Job Close Date: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Priority will be given to candidates who apply by June 23, 2023.
About Earth Advantage
Earth Advantage is helping to create an informed and humane residential real estate marketplace that:
- Acknowledges both the climate impacts of housing and the impact climate has on housing.
- Provides ALL homebuyers and renters with access to sustainability-specific information about a home.
- Supports equitable housing outcomes, protecting those most vulnerable from the effects of climate change.
- Recognizes both the personal and societal financial value that climate-friendly housing creates.
Earth Advantage is an equal-opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. We are committed to providing an inclusive, non-discriminatory, and welcoming environment for all staff members, partners, subcontractors, and vendors. We are actively engaged in an ongoing process to identify and address inequities in our programming, organizational culture, community, and industry. We enthusiastically encourage individuals from Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, and LGBTQ+ backgrounds to apply.
If you’re interested in joining an organization with incredible benefits and staffed with intelligent and dedicated people, this is the place for you. Learn more about our Vision and Core Values here.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Your work or lived experience enables you to effectively administer high-profile programs to install efficient heating/cooling equipment in the homes of lower-income Oregonians. You have superb project and team management skills, are extremely well organized, possess the ability to communicate effectively with a wide array of project partners, and are extremely motivated to address climate change and aid those most vulnerable to its impacts.
- Heat Pump Program (65%)
- Serve as the primary administrator of a multi-year, multimillion-dollar energy efficiency program to serve environmental justice communities (communities of color, tribal communities, and communities experiencing lower incomes) in Oregon.
- Provide direct management of a program to support the installation of permanent heat pumps in hundreds of lower-income households across multiple jurisdictions.
- Oversee project delivery through 12+ key organizational partners, representing local governmental programs, community action agencies, electric utilities, and community-based organizations across western Oregon.
- Oversee and administer partner incentive payments and/or reimbursements in conjunction with Earth Advantage administrative staff.
- Collaborate with Earth Advantage staff responsible for financial tracking and reporting.
- Manage the work of a participant in the SEI Climate Corp Fellowship program.
- Represent Earth Advantage with governmental and organizational partners, subgrantees, and other key external stakeholders.
- Provide regular reporting on program activity.
- Cooling Portland Program (20%)
- Provide senior leadership to the Earth Advantage team administrating a multi-year, multimillion-dollar energy efficiency program through the Portland Clean Energy Fund (PCEF). Cooling Portland is a PCEF program to install portable heat pumps and air-conditioning equipment in thousands of low-income households in Portland, Oregon. This senior leadership role includes:
- Direct supervision of Earth Advantage’s Cooling Portland program manager and indirect oversight of Earth Advantage’s Cooling Portland team of four coordinators.
- Regular engagement with City of Portland staff and representatives of partner organizations.
- Provide guidance on issues related to communications, reporting, logistics/systems, equipment purchasing, performance management, etc.
- Shared responsibility for program impact results, financial performance, and media engagement.
- New program development leadership (15%)
- Identify or respond to new opportunities that align with Earth Advantage’s Climate Justice programming objectives.
- Represent Earth Advantage at stakeholder events, meetings, and other forums to communicate the organization’s capacity to support equity-focused decarbonization initiatives.
- Minimum of 7 years of project management experience, including establishing and implementing systems and processes to track project activity, budgets, and timelines.
- Minimum of 5 years experience managing an internal team or external contractors responsible for delivering goods or services.
- Strong meeting and team facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in facilitating collaborative projects with a network of partners.
- Demonstrated excellence in leading external partnerships or coalitions.
- Commitment to aiding Oregon environmental justice communities and to Earth Advantage’s mission.
- We require staff and interns to be fully vaccinated to work in the office. The organization will consider accommodations for disability and religious-based reasons.
- 5 years+ experience in the affordable housing industry.
- 2 years+ experience with energy efficiency programs or projects.
- Project management training and professional designation.
- Demonstrated understanding of residential energy efficiency program implementation and/or quality assurance.
- Technical knowledge of energy efficiency equipment, specifically residential heat pump technologies.
- Experience delivering on high-profile, public-sector sponsored projects
$80,000-$112,000 annual compensation, dependent on experience.
Earth Advantage offers an excellent benefit package including: 5 weeks Paid Time off, 80% paid medical and dental premiums for staff and dependents, 401k plan with match, Flexible Spending Account, short term and long-term disability insurance, family leave policy, and sabbatical. This is a representative list that may change from time to time.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
Earth Advantage is engaged in an ongoing process to identify inequities in our programming, organizational culture, community, and industry. We are committed to providing an inclusive, non-discriminatory and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors. Earth Advantage strongly encourages individuals from Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, and LGBTQ+ backgrounds to apply.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Priority will be given to candidates who apply by June 23, 2023. Please submit the following materials to apply for this position (PDF or Word format).
Apply below on our website
Email applications materials to:
- Cover letter detailing qualifications (optional)
- Three professional references (can provide on request, if preferred)
Subject line should read: "Sr. Climate Justice Program Manage
r – Last name, First name”