Location: Portland, OR
Reports to: Operations Manager
Classification: Full-time, non-exempt
About Earth Advantage
Earth Advantage is an entrepreneurial Oregon-based nonprofit whose mission is to accelerate the creation of better buildings. If you’re interested in joining an organization with incredible benefits and staffed with intelligent and dedicated people, this is the place for you. Learn more about our Vision and Core Values here.
Earth Advantage is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. We are committed to providing an inclusive, non-discriminatory and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, partners, subcontractors, and vendors. We are actively engaged in an ongoing process to identify inequities in our programming, organizational culture, community, and industry. Applicants from historically underserved or underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Who We’re Looking For
You’re looking for a way to get started in a sustainability-focused career and want to apply what you’re good at to a cause that you believe in. You are organized, detail oriented, and value great customer service, both internally and externally. You take pride in completing assignments with efficiency and accuracy. You have a can-do attitude and thrive when you can be part of team that is supporting broader goals.
This entry-level position supports accounting and operational activities across multiple organizational departments. The Project Assistant will be responsible for the processing accounts payables, providing regulatory reviews for residential energy programs, and supporting general operations and logistics needs.
- Operations (65%)
- Energy Programs (40%)
- Review Portland-area real estate listings on weekly basis for regulatory compliance.
- Track and catalog findings in Salesforce CRM database.
- Provide timely reports to program team and partners.
- In-take customer service inquiries and coordinate responses with appropriate staff or partner.
- Provide administrative support.
- Organization (25%)
- Process and file all of the organization’s contracts
- Manage incoming telephone communications
- Energy Programs (40%)
- Provide logistical support, including scheduling and planning organizational meetings and staff events.
- Support Operations Manager with general administrative duties.
- Support the Executive Director with meeting scheduling and general administrative tasks.
- Accounting (35%)
- Process timely and accurate accounts payable.
- Review and process invoices received from vendors and partners.
- Communicate with Earth Advantage contract managers to confirm payment and budget allocation information, as necessary.
- Prefer experience or interest in real estate, accounting, finance, public administration, or environmental studies.
- Attention to detail, follow-through, and ability to keep team members informed at all times.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- A team player with the ability to generate trust with staff, external partners, and general public.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- CRM database experience a plus, especially Salesforce.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position based in Portland, Oregon. Earth Advantage staff are currently working remotely due to COVID-19 precautions.
Earth Advantage offers an excellent benefit package including: 5 weeks Paid Time off, 80% paid medical and dental premiums for staff and dependents, 401k plan with match, Flexible Spending Account, short term and long-term disability insurance, family leave policy, and sabbatical. Note: This is a representative list that may be subject to change.
Please submit the following materials to apply for this position (PDF Format Only).
- Cover letter detailing qualifications and salary requirements
- Three professional references (can provide on request, if preferred)
Email subject line should read: “Project Assistant” – Last name, First name”
Per federal requirements, the selected applicant must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.