Position: Multifamily Certification Project Manager
Reports to: Senior Manager, Multifamily Programs
Location: preference for Pacific Northwest, accept Remote workers
Classification: Full-time, Exempt Job
Job Close Date: Applications received by 12/15/2023 will be prioritized. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
About Earth Advantage
Earth Advantage is helping to create an informed and humane residential real estate marketplace that:
- Acknowledges both the climate impacts of housing and the impact climate has on housing.
- Provides ALL homebuyers and renters with access to sustainability-specific information about a home.
- Supports equitable housing outcomes, protecting those most vulnerable from the effects of climate change.
- Recognizes both the personal and societal financial value that climate-friendly housing creates.
If you’re interested in joining an organization with incredible benefits and staffed with intelligent and dedicated people, this is the place for you. Learn more about our Vision and Core Values here.
Earth Advantage is an equal-opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. We are committed to providing an inclusive, non-discriminatory, and welcoming environment for all staff members, partners, subcontractors, and vendors. We are actively engaged in an ongoing process to identify and address inequities in our programming, organizational culture, community, and industry. We enthusiastically encourage individuals from Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, and LGBTQ+ backgrounds to apply.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
You are an organized, analytical, innovative, inquisitive and collaborative individual with an interest in sustainable multifamily building. You’re excited about bringing your organizational and project management skills to a team of green multifamily building professionals in order to deliver exceptional service to our clients.
- Represent Earth Advantage on multifamily building projects pursuing Earth Advantage Multifamily Certification or LEED for Homes Certification.
- Manage the green building certification process of multifamily projects including; developing schedules, tracking milestones, and overseeing compliance of applicable certification guidelines.
- Prepare administrative tasks for building certifications, including, but not limited to project registration, file management, creating sampling protocol workbooks, helping develop collateral materials for EA’s Multifamily and LEED efforts.
- Coordinate and collaborate with clients and other project team members responsible for designing and constructing energy, resource, and grid-efficient residential buildings.
- Ensure all relevant debt, equity, incentive and tax program requirements are being met as it relates to certification services scoped by client project teams.
- Review and document communications and deliverables for completeness, clarity, and quality.
- Convey deep expertise in building science principles, sustainable building technologies and approaches, and green building program requirements to client project teams.
- Provide trades training on high performance construction techniques.
- Review construction drawings, specifications, cut sheets and approved submittals for project certification compliance.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure site verification and all required checklists are completed toward project certifications.
- Collaborate with internal energy modelers to support the development of accurate and timely modeling outputs for client project teams.
- Maintain CRM database regularly with project updates
- Assist in the development and administration of processes and procedures to increase program efficiencies
- Deep commitment to Earth Advantage’s mission.
- Minimum 2 years project management experience in the building industry
- Advance level proficiency in building science concepts and applications in real estate, specifically multifamily buildings
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Intermediate to advanced analytical thinking skills
- One of the following: any LEED certificate, BPI Multifamily, RESNET Multifamily, or at least 5 years of multifamily industry experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills
- We require staff and interns to be fully vaccinated to work in the office. The organization will consider accommodations for disability and religious-based reasons.
- Experience within the affordable housing industry.
- Advance skills in using software applications such as Monday.com, Google sheets, MS Office, Salesforce, or Bluebeam.
- Two years participation on building development projects that sought and achieved green building certifications.
- Two-year or four-year degree in architecture, engineering, construction management, sustainable development, business, or equivalent combination of experience in related fields.
$58,000 - $75,000 annual compensation, plus commission opportunity, dependent on experience.
Note: This range represents the compensation opportunity within this specific Earth Advantage job class. Compensation for new hires generally falls in the low to mid point of the pay range.
Earth Advantage offers an excellent benefit package including:
- 5 weeks Paid Time off
- 80% employer paid medical and dental premiums for staff and dependents
- Deductible reimbursement program through our HRA Flexible Spending Account for medical, transit, parking, and dependent care
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401k plan with match
- Life insurance, short term and long-term disability insurance
- Fully paid family leave
- 6 week sabbatical opportunity after 5 years
DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
Earth Advantage is engaged in an ongoing process to identify inequities in our programming, organizational culture, community, and industry. We are committed to providing an inclusive, non-discriminatory and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors. Earth Advantage strongly encourages individuals from Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, and LGBTQ+ backgrounds to apply.
Applications received by 12/15/2023 will be prioritized. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please submit the following materials to apply for this position (PDF or Word format).
Apply below on our website
Email applications materials to:
- Cover letter detailing qualifications
- Three professional references (can provide on request, if preferred)
Subject line should read: "Multifamily Certification Project Manager – Last name, First name”