Position: Multifamily Certification Project Manager
Reports to: Senior Manager, Multifamily Programs
Location: Portland OR
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Job Close Date: 5/31/2023
About Earth Advantage
Earth Advantage is helping to create an informed and humane residential real estate marketplace that:
- Acknowledges both the climate impacts of housing and the impact climate has on housing.
- Provides ALL homebuyers and renters with access to sustainability-specific information about a home.
- Supports equitable housing outcomes, protecting those most vulnerable from the effects of climate change.
- Recognizes both the personal and societal financial value that climate-friendly housing creates.
If you’re interested in joining an organization with incredible benefits and staffed with intelligent and dedicated people, this is the place for you. Learn more about our Vision and Core Values here.
Earth Advantage is an equal-opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. We are committed to providing an inclusive, non-discriminatory, and welcoming environment for all staff members, partners, subcontractors, and vendors. We are actively engaged in an ongoing process to identify and address inequities in our programming, organizational culture, community, and industry. We enthusiastically encourage individuals from Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, and LGBTQ+ backgrounds to apply.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
You are an organized, analytical, innovative, inquisitive and collaborative individual with an interest in sustainable building. You’re excited about bringing your organizational and project management skills to a team of green building professionals in order to deliver exceptional service to our clients.
- Represent Earth Advantage on multifamily building projects pursuing Earth Advantage Multifamily Certification or LEED for Homes Certification.
- Manage the green building certification process of multifamily projects including; developing schedules, tracking milestones, and overseeing compliance of applicable certification guidelines.
- Prepare administrative tasks for building certifications, including, but not limited to project registration, file management, creating sampling protocol workbooks, helping develop collateral materials for EA’s Multifamily and LEED efforts.
- Coordinate and collaborate with clients and other project team members responsible for designing and constructing energy, resource, and grid-efficient residential buildings.
- Ensure all relevant debt, equity, incentive and tax program requirements are being met as it relates to certification services scoped by client project teams.
- Review and document communications and deliverables for completeness, clarity, and quality.
- Convey deep expertise in building science principles, sustainable building technologies and approaches, and green building program requirements to client project teams.
- Provide trades training on high performance construction techniques.
- Review construction drawings, specifications, cut sheets and approved submittals for project certification compliance.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure site verification and all required checklists are completed toward project certifications.
- Collaborate with internal energy modelers to support the development of accurate and timely modeling outputs for client project teams.
- Update CRM database regularly with project updates
- Assist in the development and administration of processes and procedures to increase program efficiencies
- Deep commitment to Earth Advantage’s mission.
- Minimum 2 years project management experience in the building industry
- 2 years participation on building development projects that sought and achieved green building certifications.
- 4-year degree in architecture, engineering, construction management, sustainable development, business, or equivalent combination of experience in related fields.
- We require staff and interns to be fully vaccinated to work in the office. The organization will consider accommodations for disability and religious-based reasons.
- Masters degree in architecture, engineering, or construction management.
- Experience within the multifamily and/or affordable housing industry.
- LEED for Homes Energy Rater and/or Green Rater.
- Minimum 4 years project management experience in the building industry
$57,844 - $75,000 annual compensation, plus commission opportunity, dependent on experience.
Earth Advantage offers an excellent benefit package including: 5 weeks Paid Time off, 80% paid medical and dental premiums for staff and dependents, 401k plan with match, Flexible Spending Account, short term and long-term disability insurance, family leave policy, and sabbatical. This is a representative list that may change from time to time.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
Earth Advantage is engaged in an ongoing process to identify inequities in our programming, organizational culture, community, and industry. We are committed to providing an inclusive, non-discriminatory and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors. Earth Advantage strongly encourages individuals from Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, and LGBTQ+ backgrounds to apply.
Please submit the following materials to apply for this position (PDF or Word format). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Apply below on our website
Email applications materials to:
- Cover letter detailing qualifications and salary requirements
- Three professional references (can provide on request, if preferred)
Subject line should read: "Multifamily Certification Project Manager – Last name, First name”