Position: Home Energy Score Program Lead
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Programs
Location: Bay Area, California
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Job Close Date: Open until filled
About Earth Advantage
Earth Advantage is helping to create an informed and humane residential real estate marketplace. We seek to enable an American real estate marketplace that:
- Acknowledges both the climate impacts of housing and the impact climate has on housing.
- Provides ALL homebuyers and renters with access to sustainability-specific information about a home.
- Supports equitable housing outcomes, protecting those most vulnerable from the effects of climate change.
- Recognizes both the personal and societal financial value that climate-friendly housing creates.
Earth Advantage is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. We are committed to providing an inclusive, non-discriminatory and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, partners, subcontractors, and vendors. We are actively engaged in an ongoing process to identify inequities in our programming, organizational culture, community, and industry. We strongly encourage individuals from Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, and LGBTQ+ backgrounds to apply.
Who We’re Looking For
You are a building science professional with great communication skills and an interest in home performance. You are an organized, analytical, inquisitive, and collaborative individual with a passion for energy efficiency and other sustainable building practices. You are excited by the idea of joining a nationally-recognized team responsible for implementing Home Energy Score programs.
- Provide local leadership for Earth Advantage on the BayREN/StopWaste Home Energy Score program serving nine Bay Area, CA counties.
- Work with Sr. Manager, Programs and Earth Advantage's Home Energy Score Team to:
- Recruit new HES assessors.
- Onboard and mentor new HES assessors.
- Provide technical support to all authorized HES program assessors.
- Provide QA/QC of program scoring activity.
- Coordinate data collection and reporting.
- Support incentive processing processes.
- Conduct both in-home and/or remote quality assurance scoring. Successfully complete assessments and all associated documentation, energy modeling, CRM data entry, and correspondence.
- Review Home Energy Score assessments conducted by home energy assessors participating in the BayREN/StopWaste Home Energy Score program.
- Clearly communicate needed scoring corrections to the home energy assessor under review.
- Provide information about relevant Home Energy Score program requirements to home energy assessors on a one-on-one basis.
- Assist with developing and refining Quality Assurance protocols, including with remote verification.
- Respond to changes in program requirements, as necessary.
- Perform diagnostic testing as needed, including blower door testing.
- Represent the Bay Area Home Energy Score program in the field, in written communication, and in regular meetings with program administrators.
- Achieve prompt turnaround time on completed QA reports.
- Ensure any required scoring corrections are made in a timely manner by home energy assessors.
- Produce and/or review program activity reports on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Conduct oneself with the utmost care and professionalism during assessments and in communication with assessors, homeowners, real estate professionals, and program administrators.
- Deep commitment to Earth Advantage’s mission.
- RESNET HERS Rater, BPI Energy Analyst, or equivalent professional designation (current or lapsed).
- Comfortable in confined spaces such as attics and crawlspaces.
- Strong analytical skills and an aptitude for creative problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Valid driver's license, auto insurance and vehicle.
- Availability to work occasional weekends or evenings.
- Occasionally carry and maneuver bulky field equipment.
- Bachelor of Science degree.
- Authorized Home Energy Score Assessor.
- LEED for Homes Green Rater.
- At least two years of experience in the green building industry.
- At least two years of experience in delivering professional training.
$65,000 - $87,000 annual salary, dependent on experience.
Earth Advantage offers an excellent benefit package including: 5 weeks Paid Time off, 80% paid medical and dental premiums for staff and dependents, 401k plan with match, Flexible Spending Account, short term and long-term disability insurance, family leave policy, and sabbatical.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Earth Advantage is engaged in an ongoing process to identify inequities in our programming, organizational culture, community, and industry. We are committed to providing an inclusive, non-discriminatory and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors. Earth Advantage strongly encourages individuals from Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, and LGBTQ+ backgrounds to apply.
Please submit the following materials to apply for this position (PDF or Word format). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Cover letter detailing qualifications and salary requirements
- Three professional references (can provide on request, if preferred)
Apply directly at our website OR Email applications materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line should read: "Home Energy Score Program Lead” - Last name, First name"
Click Below to Apply Now
At Earth Advantage we believe that climate change is a challenge that crosses boundaries of income, race, ethnicity, religion, age, abilities, geography, gender identities, sexual orientation, and disproportionately affects disadvantaged populations. We actively support and value diversity in company culture, the recruitment of staff and board members, and in our partnerships with organizations and individuals in order to propel the building industry toward a socially, economically, and environmentally just future.