Position: Climate Justice Administrative Coordinator
Location: Portland OR
Classification: Full-time, non-exempt
Job Close Date: Open until filled
About Earth Advantage
Earth Advantage is helping to create an informed and humane residential real estate marketplace. We seek to enable an American real estate marketplace that:
- Acknowledges both the climate impacts of housing and the impact climate has on housing.
- Provides ALL homebuyers and renters with access to sustainability-specific information about a home.
- Supports equitable housing outcomes, protecting those most vulnerable from the effects of climate change.
- Recognizes both the personal and societal financial value that climate-friendly housing creates.
If you're interested in joining an organization with incredible benefits and staffed with intelligent and dedicated people, this is the place for you. Learn more about our Vision and Core Values here.
Earth Advantage is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. We are committed to providing an inclusive, non-discriminatory, and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, partners, subcontractors, and vendors. We are actively engaged in an ongoing process to identify inequities in our programming, organizational culture, community, and industry. We strongly encourage individuals from Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, and LGBTQ+ backgrounds to apply.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking an organized, systems-minded, and process-oriented team member for a high-profile program to provide life-saving and efficient portable heat pump/cooling equipment to vulnerable low-income Portlanders. You are extremely motivated to bring your administrative skills and love of numbers to aid those most vulnerable to the impacts of extreme heat caused by climate change.
- Provide key administrative support on a high-profile program to purchase and distribute 15,000 residential cooling units by 2026.
- Release purchase orders for equipment and track inventory flow.
- Manage and foster productive relationship with partnering warehouses, vendors, and subcontractors.
- Work closely with warehouses, vendors, and community partners to schedule equipment pickup.
- Lead warehouse auditing processes for inventory and product flow improvements.
- Administer accounts payable process in coordination with controller/accountant.
- Support regular reporting to Portland Clean Energy Fund (PCEF) on program activity.
- Participate on program team of 4+
- Advocate for environmental and climate justice, specifically concerning residential energy issues.
- Minimum 2 years of general project administration experience.
- Experience and demonstrated aptitude for working within collaborative teams.
- Commitment to aiding vulnerable communities.
- Comfort with reviewing data in various spreadsheet formats.
- Able to travel promptly to locations for quality assurance and field related tasks.
- 2+ years of experience with accounting procedures.
- Experience on projects that delivered goods or services.
- Experience collaborating with multiple vendors, subcontractors, or partners.
- Experience participating on high-profile projects.
- Experience with Salesforce CRM database architecture and its capability to track customer activity.
This is a full-time position based in Portland, Oregon compensated at an hourly rate of $26.56/hr.
Earth Advantage offers an excellent benefits package including: 5 weeks Paid Time off, 80% paid medical and dental premiums for staff and dependents, 401K plan with employer match, Flexible Spending Account, short term and long-term disability insurance, family leave policy, and a sabbatical opportunity.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
Earth Advantage is engaged in an ongoing process to identify inequities in our programming, organizational culture, community, and industry. We are committed to providing an inclusive, non-discriminatory and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors. Earth Advantage strongly encourages individuals from Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, and LGBTQ+ backgrounds to apply.
Please submit the following materials to apply for this position (PDF or Word format).
- Cover letter detailing qualifications
- Three professional references (can provide on request, if preferred)
Subject line should read: “Climate Justice Admin – Last name, First name”
Click Here to Apply Now
At Earth Advantage we believe that climate change is a challenge that crosses boundaries of income, race, ethnicity, religion, age, abilities, geography, gender identities, sexual orientation, and disproportionately affects disadvantaged populations. We actively support and value diversity in company culture, the recruitment of staff and board members, and in our partnerships with organizations and individuals in order to propel the building industry toward a socially, economically, and environmentally just future.