Position: Climate Equity Workforce Coordinator
Reports to: Clean Energy Education Manager
Location: Remote/Hybrid in the Portland Metro Area, Oregon
Classification: Full-time, non-exempt
Job Close Date: Open until filled
About Earth Advantage
Earth Advantage is helping to create an informed and humane residential real estate marketplace. We seek to enable an American real estate marketplace that:
- Acknowledges both the climate impacts of housing and the impact climate has on housing.
- Provides ALL homebuyers and renters with access to sustainability-specific information about a home.
- Supports equitable housing outcomes, protecting those most vulnerable from the effects of climate change.
- Recognizes both the personal and societal financial value that climate-friendly housing creates.
Earth Advantage is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. We are committed to providing an inclusive, non-discriminatory and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, partners, subcontractors, and vendors. We are actively engaged in an ongoing process to identify inequities in our programming, organizational culture, community, and industry. We strongly encourage individuals from Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, and LGBTQ+ backgrounds to apply.
Who We’re Looking For
The Climate Equity Workforce Coordinator is a core member of Earth Advantage’s education team, and will support the delivery of green residential construction workforce development initiatives to stakeholders and training partners in Oregon and beyond. You will apply your excellent communication and relationship-building skills to strengthen partnerships with funders, community-based organizations, nonprofits, high school training programs, and construction pre-apprenticeship programs. You relate well with a variety of people and are interested in working with communities of color and other groups that are historically under-represented in the trades. You are capable of organizing projects and tasks for training program development and collaborating with our partners on training program delivery.
You are a motivated individual with a drive to support equity and a desire to coordinate programs that positively contribute to healthy communities. Through this position, you will develop a unique understanding of green/energy efficient construction and the barriers to entry that low income, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), women, LGBTQ+, and rural communities face when looking to enter the trades. Your work will help create access to living wage green construction jobs for under-represented populations through local, statewide and national initiatives. We invite you to join Earth Advantage by contributing to pivotal projects that lead to a more diverse and inclusive green construction workforce.
- Coordinate the delivery of in-person and online green construction workforce trainings, including instructor communication, scheduling, material preparation, and maintenance of database records
- Collaborate with Career Coaches to provide follow-up resources and support to trainees seeking career development opportunities
- Engage building industry partners to participate in trainings and contribute towards successful employment outcomes
- Identify new workforce partners and perform outreach to expand program reach
- Assist with the development of training curriculum and educational strategies
- Support partner and funder relationships through detailed project tracking and grant reporting activities
- Collaborate on communication efforts to increase awareness of trainee success stories and partner programs
- Support the planning and delivery of in-person career fairs and events Support other training-related projects as needed
- Minimum of one year of experience in program administration or project coordination
- Strong ability to build relationships with multicultural partners and community organizations and a sincere interest in supporting equity in the workforce
- Demonstrated interest in sustainability and green building practices, with deep commitment to Earth Advantage’s mission
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a team while also being self-motivated to take initiative and work independently
- Respectful written and verbal communication with the ability to communicate complex ideas and situations with clarity
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, time management and follow-through
- Proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, with an ability to quickly learn new online platforms
- We require staff and interns to be fully vaccinated to work in the office, but will consider accommodations for disability and religious-based reasons
- Minimum of two years of experience in program administration or project coordination
- Experience in community outreach, recruitment, and coordination for employment services, weatherization, or workforce development programs in a nonprofit or social service setting
- Prior direct experience working with Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC), women, gender diverse individuals, rural community members, low income populations, opportunity youth and/or others who have been historically underrepresented or marginalized in the building industry
- Demonstrated interest and/or certifications in the green building sector (LEED, Well, BPI, SHP)
- Experience coordinating education or training course delivery
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (education, environmental studies, sociology, communications, architecture, human resources, etc.)
- Fluency in more than one language
- Experience working with Salesforce, Basecamp, Adobe Premier Pro, Adobe InDesign, Zoom, or Airtable
$26.56 - $29.80 hourly compensation, dependent on experience
Earth Advantage offers an excellent benefit package including: 5 weeks Paid Time off, 80% paid medical and dental premiums for staff and dependents, 401k plan with match, Flexible Spending Account, short term and long-term disability insurance, family leave policy, and a sabbatical opportunity.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Earth Advantage is engaged in an ongoing process to identify inequities in our programming, organizational culture, community, and industry. We are committed to providing an inclusive, non-discriminatory and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors. Earth Advantage strongly encourages individuals from Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, and LGBTQ+ backgrounds to apply.
Please submit the following materials to apply for this position (PDF or Word format).
- Resume, preferably with a professional summary/objective statement
- Two professional references (can provide on request, if preferred)
Apply directly at our website OR Email applications materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line should read: "Climate Equity Workforce Coordinator - Last name, First name"
Click Below to Apply Now
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
At Earth Advantage we believe that climate change is a challenge that crosses boundaries of income, race, ethnicity, religion, age, abilities, geography, gender identities, sexual orientation, and disproportionately affects disadvantaged populations. We actively support and value diversity in company culture, the recruitment of staff and board members, and in our partnerships with organizations and individuals in order to propel the building industry toward a socially, economically, and environmentally just future.