Position: Building Decarbonization Project Manager
Reports to: Head of Residential Innovations
Location: Hybrid; Oregon-based
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Job Close Date: Applications received by 12/01/2023 will be prioritized. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
About Earth Advantage
Earth Advantage is a non-profit organization helping to advance a more informed and humane housing market
. We work to ensure the US housing market recognizes
the elements of homes that create climate risk and values
the characteristics of homes that provide climate solutions. Our teams partner with entities across the country to develop tangible, systemic solutions for climate-friendly housing.
Earth Advantage is an equal-opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. We are committed to providing an inclusive, non-discriminatory, and welcoming environment for all staff members, partners, subcontractors, and vendors. We are actively engaged in an ongoing process to identify and address inequities in our programming, organizational culture, community, and industry. We enthusiastically encourage individuals from Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, and LGBTQ+ backgrounds to apply.
We're proud of the culture we're building at Earth Advantage, and we believe in walking the talk when it comes to sustainability. We're currently ranked in the top 10 of both Oregon Business Magazine's 100 Greenest Companies and 100 Best Nonprofits to Work For in Oregon. If you’re interested in joining an organization with incredible benefits and staffed with intelligent and dedicated people, this is the place for you. Learn more about our Vision and Core Values here
Who we’re looking forYou’re an experienced, technically-oriented project manager with a passion for driving innovative building energy research projects, supporting building performance analyses, and advancing building decarbonization policies. You’re well-versed in building decarbonization topics and have an interest in identifying and prioritizing equitable technological solutions and program implementation models.
The Building Decarbonization Project Manager will be a key member of the Earth Advantage research and policy teams working to develop, promote, and implement building decarbonization projects in Oregon and beyond. The Building Decarbonization Project Manager will be responsible for providing input and day-to-day management of a multi-year, multi-partner, multi-million dollar building decarbonization project launching in early 2024. Specifically, the position will provide administrative and technical leadership on the USDOE-funded Advancing Building Performance Standards in Oregon
project. This project will be coordinated by Earth Advantage, in collaboration with a team of local and state governmental, community-based, and non-profit partners. The Building Decarbonization Project Manager will also support building decarbonization initiatives focused on building science research and building energy codes across both residential and commercial building typologies. The Building Decarbonization Project Manager will work with Earth Advantage’s Head of Residential Innovations, collaborate across Earth Advantage teams, and coordinate with key partners and stakeholders to develop and deliver on project goals, milestones, and work products.
- 5+ years of project or program management experience.
- Experience in project planning, budgeting, and resource allocation.
- Prior work experience in energy-related program delivery, energy efficiency consulting, building sciences, and/or residential or commercial construction projects.
- Knowledge of building systems and energy efficiency principles.
- Deep commitment to Earth Advantage’s mission and demonstrated engagement with environmental or sustainability initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills. Proficient in written and verbal communication, including the ability to convey complex technical information to diverse stakeholders.
- We require staff and interns to be fully vaccinated to work in the office. The organization will consider accommodations for disability and religious-based reasons.
- 8+ of project or program management experience.
- Proven track record of successfully managing and delivering complex projects from initiation to completion. Extensive experience in managing large, multi-partner projects with a focus on sustainability and decarbonization.
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams and navigate complex stakeholder relationships.
- Deep knowledge of energy efficiency, building energy technologies, including familiarity with cutting-edge technologies related to building decarbonization, renewable energy, and energy-efficient building systems.
- Experience working with energy utilities and/or for local or state governments on clean energy, sustainable development, or broader environmental topics.
- Experience in engaging and managing diverse groups of stakeholders in collaborative decision-making processes, including with governmental agencies, community-based organizations, and industry partners.
- Understanding of non-energy topics in the building sector, including familiarity with issues related to housing such as affordability, resilience, and social equity.
- Advanced degree in sustainability, environmental management, energy management, public policy, urban planning, engineering (with a sustainability or energy concentration) or business administration.
$58,000 - $90,000 annual compensation, dependent on experience. Note: This range represents the compensation opportunity within this specific Earth Advantage job class. Compensation for this position is expected to start between the low and mid point of the pay range.
Earth Advantage offers an excellent benefit package including:
- 5 weeks Paid Time off
- 80% employer paid medical and dental premiums for staff and dependents
- Deductible reimbursement program through our HRA
- Flexible Spending Account for medical, transit, parking, and dependent care
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401k plan with match
- Life insurance, short term and long-term disability insurance
- Fully paid family leave
- 6 week sabbatical opportunity after 5 years
Applications received by December 1st, 2023 will be prioritized. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please submit the following materials to apply for this position (PDF or Word format).
- Cover letter detailing qualifications (optional)
- Three professional references (can provide on request, if preferred)
Apply directly on our website
Email applications materials to: email@example.com
Subject line should read: "Building Decarbonization Project Manager
” - Last name, First name"