Reports to: Manager, Central Oregon Residential
Location: Central Oregon
Classification: Full-time, non-exempt
Job Close Date: Open until filled
About Earth Advantage
Earth Advantage is an entrepreneurial Oregon-based nonprofit whose mission is to accelerate the creation of better buildings. If you’re interested in joining an organization with incredible benefits and staffed with intelligent and dedicated people, this is the place for you. Learn more about our Vision and Core Values here.
Earth Advantage is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. We are committed to providing an inclusive, non-discriminatory and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, partners, subcontractors, and vendors. We are actively engaged in an ongoing process to identify inequities in our programming, organizational culture, community, and industry. Applicants from historically underserved or underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Who We’re Looking For
We are looking for an organized, inquisitive, collaborative, and technically proficient individual with a passion for sustainable building and resource efficient housing. You have a wealth of building science knowledge, excellent communication and problem-solving skills, and very high standards in everything you do. You should enjoy working in the field, communicating with a wide array of stakeholders, learning, and understanding the importance of all associated program tasks.
Green Building Certification Field Verification (60%)
- Perform accurate building inspections and complete all required checklists and forms, for both single family and multi-family construction.
- Perform diagnostic testing including, but not limited to: duct testing, blower door testing, CAZ testing, and air flow testing.
- Provide education regarding the Earth Advantage, ENERGY STAR, and LEED for Homes programs to builders, sub-contractors, developers, and subcontractors on a one-on-one basis, as a support to the green building consultants.
- Communicate effectively with EA technicians, green building consultants, job superintendents, EA supervisor, as well as any other individuals/entities identified in the future.
- Follow up on all failed inspections to ensure that the needed repairs are understood, re-inspect the homes to ensure compliance with the program specifications, and log details of these visits.
- Assist with developing and refining certification programs, as necessary. This includes researching, writing or rewriting measures, and editing.
- Respond to changes in program requirements, as necessary.
- Conduct in-person and virtual outreach to manufactured homes retailers throughout Energy Trust Service Territory, including in Willamette Valley, Eastern Oregon, and North Coast.
- Coordinate the delivery of program messaging and marketing materials to participating retailers and sales staff.
- Coordinate and deliver Energy Trust program trainings to manufactured homes retailers and sales staff.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for manufactured homes retailers for technical, marketing, and incentive-related questions.
- Participate in regular program team meetings; provide written and oral reports of project activity.
- Conduct on-site energy efficiency assessments of existing manufactured homes eligible for replacement with new ENERGY STAR homes.
- Document the condition of existing manufactured homes.
- Conduct energy modeling of single family and/or multifamily buildings using REM/Rate and/or eQuest modeling tools.
- Support the development and/or delivery of technical building science trainings.
- Represent Earth Advantage at conferences, policy forums, or other public events occurring in Central Oregon.
- Successful completion of inspections and other scheduled performance tests, and all associated forms, checklists, and point sheets.
- 24-hour (or less) turnaround time on sending out completed inspection reports via email.
- Follow up trainings and framing walk-throughs to educate builders about relevant certification program requirements and ensure 100% compliance.
- Weekly contact with builders that have pending or failed inspections.
- Development of excellent working relationships with wide array of manufactured homes retailers.
- BPI Certified Building Analyst and Envelope Professional or HERS Rater.
- Superior customer service skills and a sincere desire to help people.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, research, and writing skills.
- Ability to generate respect and trust from staff and external constituents.
- High motivation with demonstrated ability to take initiative.
- Exceptional attention to detail, follow-through, and ability to keep stakeholders informed at all times.
- Lift 50-60 lbs at any given time.
- Supply vehicle to and from job site and other assigned duties.
- Valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
- Computer skill set – Microsoft Office.
- Interact and communicate with confidence in the green building field (with general contractors, superintendents, developers, architects, and homeowners).
- Availability to work occasional evenings.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, business, marketing, sustainability, or related field (or equivalent)
- LEED for Homes Green Rater
- ENERGY STAR Verifier
- Energy Trust of Oregon EPS Verifier
- Two years of experience in green building
- Trade experience such as: HES assessments, insulation, HVAC, framing, or electric installation
- Two years of experience in education, or training and development
- Experience in the manufactured home industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Salesforce
- Very savvy with new technology
- Fluency in two or more languages
This is a full-time position based in Central Oregon. Earth Advantage offers an excellent benefit package including: 5 weeks Paid Time off, 80% paid medical and dental premiums for staff and dependents, 401k plan with match, Flexible Spending Account, short term and long-term disability insurance, family leave policy, and sabbatical. Note: This is a representative list that may be subject to change.
Please submit the following materials to apply for this position (PDF Format Only).
• Cover letter detailing qualifications and salary requirements
• Three professional references (can provide on request, if preferred)
Email application materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line should read: “Technical Field Consultant – Last name, First name”
No phone calls please.
Per federal requirements, the selected applicant must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.