Earth Advantage Broker
Formerly Sustainability Training for Accredited Real Estate Professionals (S.T.A.R.)
Become an Earth Advantage Broker and meet increasing consumer demand for healthy, durable and energy efficient homes.
The EA Broker (formerly S.T.A.R.) accreditation course provides real estate professionals with a competitive edge in communicating the benefits of green and high performance home features in their market. Participants will be able to identify which home features and building products provide greater energy, water, and resource efficiency and create a healthier living environment for their clients.
The course provides an overview of different home certification programs and offers participants a hands-on exploration of green building techniques and products through home site visits. Brokers will also gain an understanding of the green home consumer market segments in order to prepare them to market and sell a green or high performance home.
Take the course & pass the accreditation exam to earn the Earth Advantage Broker designation!
Earth Advantage provides marketing support in the form of logos, an online profile on the EA registry of professionals, and more to help EA Brokers display and promote their green credential to consumers and the marketplace.
Questions? Contact Heather Kendall at email@example.com or (503) 968-7160 x20
- Translate green home products and features into consumer benefits
- Communicate effectively about high performance building concepts and trends
- Identify the differences between leading energy efficiency programs and third-party certifications
- Tailor your marketing message to consumers with varying green values and needs
- Gain hands-on knowledge via two site visits to certified green homes (live course only)
- Learn from industry-leading professionals via a guest speaker presentation (live course only)
- Differentiate yourself in the marketplace and expand your business opportunities with the Earth Advantage Broker Accreditation and use of logo
- Satisfy prerequisite to becoming an Energy Trust of Oregon Real Estate Ally! Learn about the benefits here.
- Access the Earth Advantage Broker Manual and Resource Guide
- Receive customer leads through Earth Advantage's directory of professionals. See sample profile here.
- Gain membership to the Earth Advantage Broker network of over 1,900 brokers across 10 states
- Discounts on future Earth Advantage courses and events
- Access to premier quality, relevant education courses that are developed by Earth Advantage (an independent, 3rd party certifier of green homes)
- Satisfy NAR's Green Designtation 'Green 100' course requirements
$195 Brokers who work for EA Builders ($150 OFF* - Regularly $345)
$245 General Admission ($100 OFF*)
*Made possible in part by the support of Energy Trust of Oregon®
$119 General Admission
Energy Trust of Oregon - Real Estate Ally Network
Participants can enroll as Real Estate Allies during the 2-day EA Broker course, learn more here.
Brokers must earn 4 CEs in green real estate education every 2 yrs to maintain the EA Broker designation:
- If you completed the EA Broker course before 12/1/13, your renewal deadline is 2/1/2016.
- If you completed the EA Broker course after 12/1/13, your renewal deadline is 2 years from the last day of the class.
- Renewals then re-occur in 2 year cycles.
There are several opportunities to satisfy the CE requirements:
Earth Advantage Courses
- If you took EA Broker before 2012, we highly recommend that you take the updated course again as a referesher. Online options include the Entire Course (8 CEs) or Individual Modules One (2 CEs), Two (3 CEs) & Three (3 CEs).
- You can visit our Education Calendar to browse courses currently being offered, or sign up for updates on other courses.
- CEs for an Earth Advantage course will be automatically applied to your renewal after completion.
- You can browse this list of courses from other providers that Earth Advantage has approved.
- You will need to submit the Accreditation Renewal Form if you take a course from a provider besides Earth Advantage.
- Tracey Lockwood, Green Lynx Realty (Roanoke, VA)
"The Earth Advantage Broker course was excellent! (and I am hard to please) The complex information was communicated clearly without over simplifying it. I came away hopeful that I can make a difference. I look forward to further educational opportunities with Earth Advantage."
- Holly Burton, co-owner Urban Nest Realty (Portland, OR)
"Truly the best and most beneficial class I have ever attended for Real Estate. I want to thank Earth Advantage and Carina for providing this great class that will be an invaluable resource in my business, and even more so in my personal life! The class instructor, Taylor, is a superb communicator and passionate about the principles of sustainability. Thank you for your investment into my business and life!"
- Chris Bernard - Better Homes & Garden NW Living (Portland, OR)
"I have been in the business over 20 years and have taken many classes. This would rate on the top for long- lasting effect in my business and personal life. Since the class, my mind set has changed. I've told clients and agents this is the future. We all need to do our share. Thanks for the opportunity."
– Sherry Adcock | First Realty (Auburn, AL)
– Jenifer Jepson | The Hasson Company (Portland, OR)
– Eugenic Lee | Your Realty Company (Montgomery, AL)