CakeSystems™ Software Course
Gain a competitive edge with CakeSystems™ home energy audit software
CakeSystems Software training is offered as a self-paced online course of 3-4 hours followed by a 2-hour scheduled webinar.CakeSystems home energy auditing software has rapidly gained acceptance as a highly effective tool to encourage residential energy upgrades. Earth Advantage's CakeSystems (formerly EPS Auditor Pro) was named the most accurate and consistent energy modeling software in a 2012 Energy Trust of Oregon analysis. CakeSystems certification training enables you to conduct onsite assessments faster and to instantly provide homeowners with persuasive professional looking reports and recommendations that help them understand the energy and cost benefits of energy performance upgrades. Additionally, you can use CakeSystems to produce Energy Performance Scores (EPSs), if you are licensed and qualified to use that feature.
John Spillman is a trainer and technical consultant with Earth Advantage Institute. He teaches classes to Energy Auditors, Builders, Architects/Designers and Building Code officials. John has been promoting sustainable building and energy efficiency in both new and existing residential construction with Earth Advantage Institute since 2009. John’s construction background is in residential remodeling. He is currently a certified building analyst professional with the Building Performance Institute, and a LEED for Homes Green Rater. John earned a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from University of California, Davis.
Interested? Contact John Spillman at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Easy to use. CakeSystems was created for professionals by professionals. Auditors provided critical feedback in the design of the tool’s graphical user interface. Report templates enable you to customize the report to each home to give the homeowner the information you want them to receive.
- Easy for homeowners to understand. CakeSystems automatically creates graphical scorecards that show homeowners the performance of their home, where the home stands compared to others in the state, and the home’s potential for improvement.
- Easy payments. After online training and certification, you will be ready to perform audits and generate on-the-spot scorecards and reports.
- Fast, professional reports. CakeSystems' template-based report structure lets you include the information you want, including photos. You can instantly generate and email professional-looking reports, so that homeowners get them while interest is still high.
- Reduced data collection. Based on Michael Blasnik’s SIMPLE energy modeling software, the tool requires only 30 data points for a highly accurate model. At the same time it allows you to model homeowner savings from typical improvements.
What is CakeSystems Software?
CakeSystems software enables energy efficiency programs to achieve higher conversion rates and implement in-home energy audits more cost effectively.
Is the course approved for continuing education units?
Yes. The course is approved for:
BPI: 6 continuing education credits
How long is the course?
The CakeSystems software certification training consists of 2 parts:1) A self-paced online course, protocol exam and demonstration audit which typically takes 3-4 hours to complete. Following registration, your log-in information will be sent to you via email within 24 hours. 2) A live 2-hour webinar, held monthly, and an online exam. You may select the webinar date most convenient for you using the registration form. Please allow a few days to complete your self-paced course beforehand. The time required for completion of the self-paced online training, protocol exam and demonstration audit is approximately 8 hours.
Are there any prerequisites or requirements?
BPI or HERS CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: A prerequisite to becoming a certified CakeSystems Auditor is having a current BPI Building Analyst or HERS certification. You will need to send a photocopy, photo, scan or fax of your BPI or HERS card to us prior to receiving software access. Please send proof of certification to jspillman[at]earthadvantage[dot]org.
Who are the instructors? What are their qualifications?
Currently, John Spillman instructs the course. Find out more about John by visiting his profile.
|Oregon participant with ETO Trade Ally status that has completed the Introduction to EPS course:||FREE!|