Mechanical Systems & Performance Testing
Learn the nuts and bolts of right-sizing and testing various residential systems
This course provides an overview of load reduction and an exploration of many design and product options for conditioning systems within a home.
Just as performance testing is necessary to verify the envelope’s construction, testing and verification of mechanical systems are also key components to creating high-performance sustainable homes.
- Day 1: Guest speaker presentation
- Day 2: Two site visits to certified green homes + blower door test
- Recognize the relative impact of various building components and system types on the total energy load of a house.
- Become familiar with residential system types, their applications, limitations, and benefits.
- Explain lighting design approaches and technologies, as well as daylighting benefits and limitations.
- Recognize various types of performance testing and verification techniques and analysis.
- Complete room-by-room load calculations for an example house and select appropriate systems according to the project objectives.
Want to learn more? This Mechanical Systems & Performance Testing course actually forms Module 4 of our interactive 6-month Sustainable Homes Professional (SHP) accreditation course.
Our expert instructor, Stephen Aiguier (President & Founder of Green Hammer, Certified Passive House Consultant), has innovated and implemented cutting edge high performance building practices to advance the national standards of green building. Stephen has been invited to speak in front of thousands of people at every major green building conference in the United States, and he regularly blogs for the Daily Journal of Commerce and Sustainable Business Oregon. In 2011, he was named one of Portland Business Journal’s “40 Under 40”, and as one of Sustainable Business Oregon’s Top 10 Sustainable Built Environment Leaders to Watch in 2012.
Questions? Contact Ryan LaPoma at email@example.com or (503) 968-7160 x25.