All About ADUs
Gain Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) expertise and become an ADU Specialist.
This half-day course is intended for brokers who are looking to increase their knowledge about Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) development and earn the ADU Specialist designation in order to respond to increasing client demand for properties with ADU potential.
Increasing rates of prospective home buyers are interested in building an ADU on their property, and brokers on the cutting edge of this emerging development trend will be able to help homeowners/developers understand site eligibility, development process and costs, and the return on investment of ADUs. This course is intended to help brokers understand the basic planning and building regulations for ADU development in Portland in order to better assist their clients.
- Understand what makes a property ADU-ready/eligible
- Learn what is involved in the process of getting approved to build an ADU
- Analyze taxation, valuation and financing options for ADUs
- Understand the ADU design, permitting, and building process (attached, detached, and garage conversion)
- Gain access to resources to help your clients plan for their ADU (including a budget sample, contract types, development rebate programs, and more)
- Get answers to your ADU-specific questions & network with other brokers about this specialized topic
Become an ADU Specialist!
• Not yet an EA Broker? Attend the All About ADUs course, complete EA Broker (either 7 CEs online or 14 CEs live) & take the ADU Exam for free!
Questions? Contact Heather Kendall at firstname.lastname@example.org or (503) 968-7160 x20