USGBC LEED® for Homes™ Green Rater Training
Course Level: 400 | Course Length: 2 days
Date, Time and Location
- Not currently scheduled.
There are currently over 59,000 registered LEED® for Homes™ projects nationwide, and each project requires third-party on-site verification. If you’re interested in filling this need as part of USGBC’s new LEED for Homes Green Rater program, this training is for you! The two-part LEED for Homes Green Rater Training is designed to prepare qualified participants to provide verification services on LEED for Homes projects. Applicants must meet initial qualifications and complete this two-part training. Following the training, participants will take a written exam provided by the Green Building Certification Institute (GBCI) and complete a mentorship on real projects before earning the LEED for Homes Green Rater Certificate.
- Identify responsibilities of a LEED for Homes Green Rater in each phase of a project
- Manage and conduct verification activities
- Effectively use the project checklist file
- Communicate effectively with project teams and LEED for Homes Providers
- Apply the sampling protocol on applicable projects
- Prepare accurate and complete certification submittal packages
This training is intended for professionals with a minimum of three years' experience in the residential construction industry and basic residential green building knowledge who are interested in providing verification services on LEED for Homes projects. Those with a background in on-site verification and/or energy rating are particularly qualified.
Prerequisites / Requirements
Credits / Accreditations
This course, like all USGBC LEED education programs, meets GBCI eligibility requirements for the LEED Green Associate.
GBCI CE: 14 hours (LEED Homes Specific)
AIA/CES: 14 HSW/SD Learning Units
BOMI: 14 (CPD)
CoreNet: 14 (CPD)
CSI: 1.6 (CEU)
Randy Hansell, LEED for Homes Program Manager, Earth Advantage Institute
Regular Admission: $750
USGBC Member: $695
Steps to becoming a Green Rater:
- Step 1: Meet LEED for Homes Green Rater Eligibility Qualifications and submit application form to USGBC.
- Step 2: Register for the LEED for Homes Green Rater Training with EAI. Upon registration, you will receive access via email to Part 1 of the training. Part 1 includes 5 online learning modules. Part 2 is the instructor-led two-day workshop. Part 1 must be completed prior to participating in the two-day workshop at Earth Advantage Institute.
- Step 3: Take and pass LEED for Homes Green Rater exam through GBCI.
- Step 4: Complete Green Rater Mentorship with a LEED for Homes provider within 24 months.
- Step 5: Receive LEED for Homes Green Rater Certificate.
For more information on becoming a Green Rater, please visit www.usgbc.org/greenrater. If you have any questions about Green Rater eligibility or working with a LEED for Homes provider, please contact Randy Hansell, Earth Advantage Institute LEED for Homes Program Manager.