Residential Green Building Today
Course Level: 100 | Course Length: 1.5 hours
Date, Time and Location
- Not currently scheduled.
Discover why an increasing number of home builders in the Northwest are implementing green building construction practices. Distinguish between the region’s three most prominent green building certification programs: Earth Advantage® New Homes, ENERGY STAR® Homes, and LEED® for Homes. Discover the value and benefits of sustainable building practices and learn about the future of the residential green building market.
- Identify ways to apply sustainable building practices to building or remodeling homes.
- Explain the link between high performance building envelopes and energy efficiency, indoor air quality and materials selection.
- Describe the importance of the integrated design process and life cycle cost analysis when designing a high performance home.
- Distinguish among three of the region’s most prominent green home certification programs.
- Recognize the value of green homes in the current market.
AIA: Currently being processed
CCB: 1.5 elective hours
Andrew Shepard, Portland
Bruce Sullivan, Bend
Eli Volem, Willamette Valley
John Spillman, Southern Oregon
Matt Douglas, Bend
To be determined.