Multifamily Team Manager
Position: Multifamily Team Manager
Reports to: Director of Building Certifications
Location: Portland, OR
Classification: Full-time, exempt
Job Close Date: Open until filled
Who We’re Looking For
We are looking for an emotionally intelligent, highly efficient, and collaborative individual with a passion for sustainability. If you’re interested in joining an entrepreneurial nonprofit, with incredible benefits and flex schedules while collaborating with smart, engaging people, this is the place for you.
Earth Advantage is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels.
You are an experienced professional who enjoys growing a business while helping to grow people. You understand how to successfully manage complex projects with multiple stakeholders efficiently, cost-effectively, and with confidence. You understand what it takes to build and maintain long term relationships in a rapidly shifting landscape of large-scale residential construction and you’re deeply committed to greening our building stock in the Northwest.
- Serve as the lead for the Earth Advantage Multifamily team.
- Assure proper project team, tools and systems are in place to deliver projects from concept to final completion.
- Responsible for client interface and final earnings outcome for assigned projects as well as oversight of team outcomes/earnings.
- Oversee of budget projections, market research, project management systems/reporting and manage workplans for two staff members.
- Assist with refining the Earth Advantage Multifamily certification standard.
- Project manage 10-15 green building certifications simultaneously, at various phases, ranging in construction value and complexity from $2M to $250M each.
- Read and interpret construction plans and shop drawings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental Science, Urban Planning, Engineering, Architecture or related discipline required.
- Advanced project management experience.
- Understanding of urban multifamily development with a focus on senior housing and/or affordable housing markets.
- Looking for 7-10 years of work and experience in nonprofit management, energy, architecture or engineering consulting at a management level.
- Minimum of five years management experience leading two or more direct reports.
- Knowledge of building science principles and practices.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must pass federally required pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Seeking Professional Engineer (PE), Energy Engineer (EE), Certified Energy Manager (CEM), Sustainability Architect (M.Arch.) or MBA with a focus on sustainability.
- Experience with HVAC commissioning.
- Subcontracting experience with professional consultants.
- LEED® for Homes Green Rater/LEED Accredited Professional – Homes.
- Energy modeling experience, preferably eQuest or EnergyPlus.
- Experience working with green building certification program delivery or implementation.
- Knowledge and experience with new sustainability technologies.
Based on experience and includes a sales commission
Earth Advantage offers an excellent benefits package including: five (5) weeks Paid Time off, 80% paid medical and dental premiums for staff and dependents, 401k plan with match, Flexible Spending Account, short term and long term disability insurance, family leave policy, and sabbatical. This is a representative list that may change from time to time.
Please submit the following materials to apply for this position (PDF format only). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Cover letter detailing qualifications and salary requirements (manditory for consideration)
- Three professional references (can provide on request, if preferred)
Email application materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line should read: “Multifamily Department Manager – Last name, First name”
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE